Org chart and changes

Usually after the fiscal yr begins, you hear about org chart and headcount changes. Have anyone hear about any changes coming down the pipeline? So far I’ve heard nothing.

My SD said there were some HR leadership changes that are rolling out. It could just pertain to my district, but she made it seem like they’re nationwide. I don’t know if it’s already public knowledge or not, so I’ll stop myself right there.

Don’t insult us who work in HR. We are required to do the monthly calendars and make them informative. Trust me, I help out A LOT on the sales floor....pushing, zoning, guest first, OPU’s, etc.
The fact that HR TL has to do OPUs and push at our store shows how Target doesn't use their workers efficiently.

Target thinks they are saving money by not scheduling a TM to do those things.

So instead you using more expensive labor to do those tasks.

Makes no sense.

My store's HR has one moron after the next. They never last long and they are all equally worthless.
It took me nearly a month of follow ups with my ETLHR to fix my store's breaks... they were shorting a lot of people their second 15. And I'm still not sure its been completely resolved outside of my department.

Eventually, software could do most of the job of HR, so having an ETL might be a thing of the past. I know at lot of low volume stores have a HRTL instead. If you were a hard to staff store, I could see maybe having a blended role, like HR/S&E ETL or something. But the last test of blended roles, STL-GE, didn’t go so hot.

It took me nearly a month of follow ups with my ETLHR to fix my store's breaks... they were shorting a lot of people their second 15. And I'm still not sure its been completely resolved outside of my department.

I never look or care when my 15 minute or meal breaks are scheduled. I take them when I want.

The team members that were being shorted should have just taken their second 15. It is in the employee handbook.

We could use a team lead or etl to improve our backroom/salesfloor instead of another snack/calendar coloring person.
Lol people like you have no idea what goes into running an HR Department. We do tons of things that aren’t visible on your end so of course you have such an ignorant opinion. You probably do the bare minimum in your role and here you are trying to put HR down like it’s nothing.

Lol people like you have no idea what goes into running an HR Department. We do tons of things that aren’t visible on your end so of course you have such an ignorant opinion. You probably do the bare minimum in your role and here you are trying to put HR down like it’s nothing.
That’s exactly what I say . When someone wants something from hr I say hr is not your secretary they have their own shit to do .

Eventually, software could do most of the job of HR, so having an ETL might be a thing of the past. I know at lot of low volume stores have a HRTL instead. If you were a hard to staff store, I could see maybe having a blended role, like HR/S&E ETL or something. But the last test of blended roles, STL-GE, didn’t go so hot.
Not sure if we were a testing area, but last summer when org changes were made, all smaller volume stores in my district that had HR TLs had the position eliminated and replaced with an HR ETL. From my understanding the HRTL experiment proved not to work since that work center is SO high volume with daily task. There's so much behind the scenes stuff that HR has to handle, I don't ever see a point where software is doing most of the job.

Our HR TM @ TSC used to tell us to straighten our name tags, she kept things moving, everyone really liked her. She had no down time, always running and doing something.

Thank you all for your support! Remember, we are the ones who make sure you get paid correctly. If you have a payroll issue, we are the ones you come to. I always want to make sure my fellow team members are appreciated and I try to do things to brighten their day. I can tell when someone is having a tough day and I’m there to lend an ear.

Back