Archived Org chart changes mean cuts in ETL and TL positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target has decided to change the org chart for most of the stores in the company which means cuts in headcount for ETL and TL positions. The job cuts are going to be done through "natural attrition" and transfers. What they are doing is expediting PDDs, coaching and correctives to meet the September deadline to be right at headcount. Has anyone else seen or is experiencing this at your particular store?
I was an ETL who had outstanding annual reviews for the last 10 years and now all of the sudden, I am no longer employed by Target... it took them only 4 months to get to the ETL headcount. :(

Sorry. Target's leadership at HQ is completely clueless and driving the company into the ground. Bad decision after bad decision and yet good old Gregg is not held accountable. If the same standards the people in stores were held to were the same for Corporate they all would have been fired a dozen times over.

Hardlinesmaster...at age 52
It makes it more difficult to start over again...not impossible though. I have to believe that the way things are being handled, at least in my former group, that there will some type of fall-out for Target. In addition, allegedly, they already have in mind the 6 TLs that will not be in the line up come September.

Last edited:
Has anyone else seen or is experiencing this at your particular store?

I think we've already reached our headcount. A couple TLs and an ETL transferred to other stores ahead of time for non-AE reasons (from what I've heard).

Heard from a lurker that it's already started at their store: stepped-up coachings for things that had gotten a pass previously. They said it was the only way they could justify lower rankings & crappy raises.
Also a good tool to get rid of 'overpaid' lifers.

Sorry. Target's leadership at HQ is completely clueless and driving the company into the ground. Bad decision after bad decision and yet good old Gregg is not held accountable. If the same standards the people in stores were held to were the same for Corporate they all would have been fired a dozen times over.

Between the incompetence shown over allowing the data breach to go unchecked & also losing nearly a billion dollars because of the Canada fiasco leaves corporate madly scrambling to recoup some of their losses on the backs of their older & loyal employees.

They'll try to dispose of as many long term employees as possible & then eventually before the company completely implodes, they'll rehire youngsters who will work as cheaply as possible.

I don't know how this company can even justify paying so many in upper management who come to work mainly to socialize & make fun of the TMs. As long as they're willing to parrot the mindless drivel that is called a "huddle" I guess Target feels like they have a necessary function. (They have The Vibe!)

Bottom line, Target is a business. An ETL with 10 years of experience is more expensive than a new ETL. There is no job security and in turn there is no loyalty. I have seen many quality ETLs performanced managed out for bogus reasons. Its not new and it won't end. Can you imagine the performance they would get out of their team members and ETLs if they treated them with respect and value?

I think one of my etls knew it was coming. He found a job at another retail business before they could get rid of him.
I think our etls are at headcount now, but I believe we're over for TLs (based on what I gathered from another thread here).

We still got a log TL and a Backroom TL, cant wait till one of them is gone... more backroom hours for meh muahahhaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back