Archived Orientation at a different store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankey

Hardlines TM
Hey guys, I've been hired recently and I was contacted about having my orientation at a different store than the one I'm going to be working at. I accepted it because it was much sooner than the one at my store would have been, but now I'm confused about what I should do.

For starters, I've already called the store and asked for the dress code for the orientation, and I was told to dress casual. I want to believe the person who answered me, but I'm still not sure if I should have a backup plan in case I do need to wear the red shirt and khakis because I didn't confirm who was telling me this information.

Second, my manager told me to tell them that I'm coming from a different store so that the payroll can be processed from my store's end. But I'm not sure when I should bring this up or to whom.

Finally, from what I've read it seems like people usually get their training schedule during orientation. Will I be getting mine, or will I have to contact my store about that since it wouldn't make sense for one store to give me my schedule at another?

Sorry if this I typed or asked too much. I just wanted to get all my questions out there. I hope someone responds to this quickly since my orientation is tomorrow morning.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

I've already called the store and asked for the dress code for the orientation, and I was told to dress casual.
For orientation you won't need to wear red and khaki, you won't be doing any actual work on that day it's just an introduction to the job and a walkthrough of the store and what the duties are for the team members.

But I'm not sure when I should bring this up or to whom.
The person hosting the orientation should be a member of HR, so they would be the likely candidate for who you tell.

Will I be getting mine, or will I have to contact my store
If you don't get one, contact your store. If you do, be safe and contact your store to verify that the schedule is acknowledged at your store and known by HR and/or the team leads.

The person hosting the orientation should be a member of HR, so they would be the likely candidate for who you tell.

Thank you. When would be the appropriate time to tell them? As soon as possible?

Thank you. When would be the appropriate time to tell them? As soon as possible?
If you can tell them before the actual orientation that would be preferred.

Second, my manager told me to tell them that I'm coming from a different store so that the payroll can be processed from my store's end. But I'm not sure when I should bring this up or to whom.

You will be given a paper punch form at orientation. You can just turn it in to your store.

Hey guys, I've been hired recently and I was contacted about having my orientation at a different store than the one I'm going to be working at. I accepted it because it was much sooner than the one at my store would have been, but now I'm confused about what I should do.

For starters, I've already called the store and asked for the dress code for the orientation, and I was told to dress casual. I want to believe the person who answered me, but I'm still not sure if I should have a backup plan in case I do need to wear the red shirt and khakis because I didn't confirm who was telling me this information.
Either your hiring store has a conflict to host their own orientation. Or you district is combining store orientations. Its rare but not uncommon.

Dress code is casual for orientation. But for great impressions, go in red and khaki. They may start you on some basic cashier training. But I doubt it.

Who ever is running the orientation. Let them know when get into the meeting. You will be filling out a Time Change form since you are a new TM and coming from a different store.
**ASK- I would inquire if you need the mileage and driving time from/to your hiring store to the orientation store. You should be reimbursed for that travel. You will probably be returning the form when the orientation is complete or next day.

Finally, from what I've read it seems like people usually get their training schedule during orientation. Will I be getting mine, or will I have to contact my store about that since it wouldn't make sense for one store to give me my schedule at another?
Inquire about your training schedule. But you may need to return to your store to receive your schedule.

Thank you for the replies. I was just going to that one because it was happening earlier than the one for my store and it would have allowed me to start sooner. Unfortunately, the drive to the unfamiliar area was a bit too much so now I'm doing it at my store on their day instead. So my training schedule and everything should go fine now.

I figure it's probably better this way anyway so that I can have more of a chance to get to know everyone else better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back