Archived Orientation Rescheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I was called in to HR last Friday to take my drug test the same day. I got the whole talk about the email and follow-up phone call to verify my exact orientation day, which was intended to be tomorrow.

Since I didn't get an email I decided to call to verify the date myself, only to find out that it's being rescheduled. I worked at Target last year before i had to go back to school and, needless to say, this didn't happen. I'm kinda disappointed because school is starting back up later on this month and I could really use the extra money as soon as possible.

Does anyone know a timeline on how long it takes for HR to reschedule an orientation? Thanks in advance.

I didn't think rehires had to go through a second orientation. I could be wrong. We've had numerous TMs over the years quit & then return or leave for school & return for the summer. We even had one lady retire & after a month or so decided to come back. They just can't get enough of us. ;) We have several HRs that could answer your question. Sorry I'm not more helpful.

I didn't think rehires had to go through a second orientation. I could be wrong. We've had numerous TMs over the years quit & then return or leave for school & return for the summer. We even had one lady retire & after a month or so decided to come back. They just can't get enough of us. ;) We have several HRs that could answer your question. Sorry I'm not more helpful.

That's okay. I didn't think that I would have to go through orientation again either, the woman in charge of HR even acknowledged my previous work there. But I still have to do it for whatever reason. Hopefully it'll all be sorted out by next week.

They more then likely might be filling other positions up and waiting to knock it out with one orientation. No way to really tell. My store is actually hiring for seasonal right now and has been for about two months but they haven't done any of the orientations yet.

Payroll payroll payroll, they are probably over in payroll and want to wait for bts to pick up more to give the allotted hours needed to train the new tms. Only reason I can think of.

I reschedule them to better times/days all the time. Hours are a reason, waiting to get the most amount of new team members, awaiting results on other team members that may be delayed, vacations, unexpected whatever. I'm sure it's not personal.

Just give them a call - we are really nice people and would love to explain what's going on.

We usually do it on a day when there isn't as much going on within the store, but we try and get it in as soon as possible. Interviews at my store are scheduled by myself and the rest of our HR team in large numbers so we can get about 5-6 hires out of an interview day (or days). That way we're not just doing an orientation for one person, it's a waste of time for us to do that when we will have to do an orientation for others another time, it is five hours after all. I'm betting they're waiting for a larger group for an orientation.

Someone please help me, my orientation was today but before I left I looked at my ss card and realized my ssn on my application was wrong so I called and told them and I'm redoing the background check, im buggin afraid they arent gonna call, i want this job so bad AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back