Archived Orientation, what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EctoNymph

Cashier
I just got hired yesterday as a cashier, and this will be my first job. What do I wear to orientation, should I bring a voided check, and what all is going to happen?

At my orientation, we just watched some videos, signed paperwork, then took a tour of the store. I also wore my red and khaki. I believe you can bring the voided check to set up your direct deposit. I just forgot to bring my checkbook that day, so I have to do it at another time >.<

You can also setup direct deposit online. Could use your voided check to get a REDCard if you wanted to though.

Also, I'd advise removing some of the specific info from your profile. Spot doesn't exactly like us here.

You'll fill out some paper work, watch some videos, get a tour of the store, learn how to use the time clock, be given your schedule for the first 2 weeks, along with your TM discount card.

Wear red and khaki since you'll be on the clock.

You'll get paid for orientation.

You'll fill out some paper work, watch some videos, get a tour of the store, learn how to use the time clock, be given your schedule for the first 2 weeks, along with your TM discount card.

Yeah...this so didn't happen during my orientation. It was supposed to but never happened. We took a break and then were thrown out onto the lanes. I finally got to see the backroom a few weeks back - and I've almost been with Spot for 90 days. And although the time clock is self-explanatory, I was doing it backwards (put my TM number in then pressing "start work"). I actually didn't start clocking in until maybe my 4th day on the schedule. Thankfully, the HRTM was at the desk and helped me. smh

Last edited:
Yeah...this so didn't happen during my orientation. It was supposed to but never happened. We took a break and then were thrown out onto the lanes. I finally got to see the backroom a few weeks back - and I've almost been with Spot for 90 days. And although the time clock is self-explanatory, I was doing it backwards (put my TM number in then pressing "start work"). I actually didn't start clocking in until maybe my 4th day on the schedule. Thankfully, the HRTM was at the desk and helped me. smh

Don't worry, i was hitting start work, entering my number then walking away. I didn't know you had to hit enter if you didn't use the 00's before your #.

So everybody agrees I need to come in red and khaki right? They didn't specify when I was hired

So everybody agrees I need to come in red and khaki right? They didn't specify when I was hired
Yes. If guests need help, you will be required to assist them. Some stores throw newbies on the checklanes their first day. I would walk the floor before your first day. I know of a team memeber that was written up their first day for not helping a guest find something.

I love when a guest asks me for help.

What's the big deal, anyway? You're already there! Help those bastids!!!
beerchug.gif

Wear red and khaki. Bring a voided or blank check to set up a Redcard Debit (if you choose) or if you don't have any checks bring your account number and routing number (account number can be gotten from your bank statement, routing number just call your local bank) because you can set up direct deposit with those as well. Do both sooner rather than later. Also bring the forms of ID listed- I brought my state ID and my passport.

My first day was three hours of videos, paperwork, tours, etc. My second day I was put behind guest service for all of my training (cashier and GS). The only time I was on the floor on the clock was for a tour with HR and obviously we weren't required to ask CIHYFS and nobody approached us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back