Archived Orientation-- what to expect, bring & wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Later we'll show you the secret handshake & tell you all the secret passwords, too.
Target can be SO high school at times.....most times......eh, all the time.

Later we'll show you the secret handshake & tell you all the secret passwords, too.
Target can be SO high school at times.....most times......eh, all the time.

That's fine. I can ignore that stuff. Though the secret handshake would be cool. ;-)

Orientation and training went well. I took to the register pretty easily after she let me have a go at it. I cashiered a looooong time ago in a grocery store, and some things simply haven't changed. I managed to improve the cashier's speed time because all of my transactions were G's. Luck, I know.

Orientation and training went well. I took to the register pretty easily after she let me have a go at it. I cashiered a looooong time ago in a grocery store, and some things simply haven't changed. I managed to improve the cashier's speed time because all of my transactions were G's. Luck, I know.

With the way hours are lately, don't be surprised if you have to back-up cash a lot or even get scheduled for cashing rather than sales floor. That cashier training will really come in handy.

Anyways, good job on your first day and good luck with the rest of your training.

I was hired for cashier, actually. I'm hoping to be able to cross train sooner rather than later, because I can already tell hours will be an issue.

I was hired for cashier, actually

Do you know the difference between "Righty Tighty -- Lefty Lucy" -- then you to can have a rewarding career in "Building Services"
8199d256.gif

Wanna come spend sometime with me in the cage
a301064d.gif

I really don't know how this thread could get any further off the rails.

*sigh*. I had my drug test two weeks ago, passed, and still no word on when orientation will be. When I talked to HR on Thursday, they were waiting for the results for another guy. Now? I'm wondering if they still intend to hire me.

seriously. I'm in the same place. I was told I would be offered a position, but I haven't actually gotten an offer or anything yet. I'm talking to the STL next week.

if you have been sent for a drug test - we intend to hire. Hours are really tight at our location, if they haven't called you, call them. It's rude for them not to let you know whats going on.

Rude, but it happens. Sometimes communication between the ETL and STL as to when is a good time to have the orientation takes a bit...yeahhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back