Archived Orientation-- what to expect, bring & wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you have been sent for a drug test - we intend to hire. Hours are really tight at our location, if they haven't called you, call them. It's rude for them not to let you know whats going on.

I've worked for the company before, so I kind of knew what to expect. I haven't been sent for a drug test yet, was only told I was going to be offered a position (and they were excited to have me join the team). I'm really nervous bc of how long everything is taking.

I've worked for the company before, so I kind of knew what to expect. I haven't been sent for a drug test yet, was only told I was going to be offered a position (and they were excited to have me join the team). I'm really nervous bc of how long everything is taking.

I wont go into specifics in public --- sometimes it can take forever --- give them a call or drop by --- but don't be overly pushy --

The cheesy video is boring and common sense material imo. I got some comical relief when the short asian dude is talking about a coworker in the sexual harassment part. That was pretty much the only entertaining part of the video from my recollection. Have fun.[/QUOTE]

So I thought about this all through orientation and when the video came up it was hard not to die. Especially when the asian guy is just like, "Wow, you really saved my ass, man."

Just had my orientation as well, I could not hold in my laughter during the harrasment video. I'm pretty nervous to start now because of everyone elses horror stories. I'm a young cashier and I'm afraid to be taken advantage of. Help?

Just had my orientation as well, I could not hold in my laughter during the harrasment video. I'm pretty nervous to start now because of everyone elses horror stories. I'm a young cashier and I'm afraid to be taken advantage of. Help?

During my orientation, I told our HRTM tht the videos were the cheesiest most staged crap I've seen (especially the harassment) She just laughed and agreed.

you two will be fine. if i can make it through my first 90 days at target, *anyone* can. :D

Offtopic : Very nice signature pzycho

Lol I made the mistake of going in Last Wednesday and forgetting that she told me to ignore the e-mail that the target system sends me for orientation and she would call me the following week around Monday....Why does it even send you a date if you aren't "in" the system yet as she said I mean I very likely passed drug test but it's either that slow as dial-up background check or....other people's results coming through

My fingers crossed for a call on monday from the trainer

Lol I made the mistake of going in Last Wednesday and forgetting that she told me to ignore the e-mail that the target system sends me for orientation and she would call me the following week around Monday....Why does it even send you a date if you aren't "in" the system yet as she said I mean I very likely passed drug test but it's either that slow as dial-up background check or....other people's results coming through
Just getting you prepped for the Target way of doing things: haphazardly or half-a$$ed.

was my first day at target today. this thread helped me so much not to be to worked up about everything. thanks a bunch.

You're very welcome. Welcome to TBR

I finished up my first 30 days earlier this month and now working and getting close to my 60 :) I'm loving it so far here :D I look at when I first started...so confused but I'm more confident with my fellow TM's and the store itself now and I know the register functions like the back of my hand

I love a sense of growth and accomplishments from it

Last edited:
I have my orientation at Target tomorrow afternoon. I googled what to expect and came across this site/thread and I have to say you guys made me feel less nervous!

Excited to start!

I have my orientation at Target tomorrow afternoon. I googled what to expect and came across this site/thread and I have to say you guys made me feel less nervous!

Excited to start!

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Welcome Sam! Do you like green eggs and ham? ;) jking

If you need anything don't hesitate to ask TBR any questions or check out the many guides of workcenters :)

Excited to start!

Welcome to Target and The Break Room!

Quick update. My orientation went smooth just as you guys said. My trainer seems to be a pretty cool chick and I have my first cashier training shift tomorrow 12PM-5PM. It should go smoothly considering I've worked as a Cashier before at BJ's. I have a crazy schedule for black friday. Hope I can get back into the groove of things quick enough for that hell of a day. :p

"Anyway welcome to the team ChrisFol. You'll be fine. It'll all be explained in the orientation. They'll cover everything from where to park, what to wear (red and khaki), and what is expected of you. It's really laid back. All you need is yourself a red shirt, and khaki pants. No shorts. Only cart attendants on duty can wear shorts. The cheesy video is boring and common sense material imo. I got some comical relief when the short asian dude is talking about a coworker in the sexual harassment part. That was pretty much the only entertaining part of the video from my recollection. Have fun.

:p:D

When does orientation starts because I got hired on the 31, July 2017 and I got a email saying the 4th of August and the hr said to
Ignore the email and said she will give me a call
So is their a class for of people to start it or what's taking so long

When does orientation starts because I got hired on the 31, July 2017 and I got a email saying the 4th of August and the hr said to
Ignore the email and said she will give me a call
So is their a class for of people to start it or what's taking so long

None of us are at your store We wouldn't know. Be patient and check in with HR on Mondays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back