Archived ORK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spider wraps and bottle locks, cases all just take a minute to figure out. I still have issues with the bottle locks for booze. Where you put them once you get them off the product is dependent on store. Ours, we are supposed to close spider wraps and tighten them down so they don't make a mess and toss them and cases in the reshop bin. They get sorted into a bin to go back to where they live in the back.

Red cards, I do them so rarely(not a cashier) I have to ask how to process them, but you just ask people if they are using their redcard today and if not would like to sign up for one. I keep it simple and brief again I am not a cashier so not pushy.

Make sure when you multiples of items they are truly the same item, cat food cans is a big one I see cashiers grabbing all the 9Live and scan it as one type but its not, each flavor is a different DCPI/UPC so don't fall in that trap. Gift cards you scan out individually, cause you have load the amount on each one. It also prints on the receipt the # and amount loaded I think.

Cashiers being kept? That is store by store so I won't touch that one.

Scan the Redcard pamphlet before you hit total. The screen will walk you through the next steps. You put the check facedown with the lines used to endorse it going in first. Ask your GSTL if they can out the register in training mode and you can process a fake transaction to get the hang of it. They should have fake WIC checks you can use to feed into the check reader. If the guest is approved in-store a receipt with a payment barcode with print out. They can use that as payment until their physical Redcard comes in the mail. If they're not approved, a receipt will print out saying "more information needed" (or something along those lines).

Staying on past seasonal is ASANTS. Leaderships will take attendance and availability into account. Definitely let them know now that you'd like to stay and use that opportunity to ask ways you can improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back