Archived OT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are my options in terms of OT? What exactly are the rules? Ive never really got a clear answer on it.

Many times I have stayed late to get work done that was well outside the scope of an 8 hour shift. It was not because I am slow or anything because I almost always beat my set times (on planogram) by large margins and or push times if I take a flow shift. So a handful of times this year they have told me I have to cut my OT. I normally moan and groan about it because I was doing them a favor by staying late when asked so why should I have to change my schedule when I did them a favor? Working overnight there isnt much of a benefit of leaving early because if I have 2 or 3 hours overtime to cut nobody is awake at 3am to hang out with nor is anything open so I cant even entertain myself.

So anyway once I have it can I just say no I am going to work my remaining shifts as scheduled?

Also if they want me to cut it sometimes I am just tired and want to go home can I cut it on my terms? Meaning If I want to leave at 4am instead of 6:30am on a random day can I?

Can they give me coachings if they asked me to stay late and I later refuse to cut the ot?

No overtime allowed. If you are asked to stay, you will have to cut hours later on in the week. You can be coached or written up for getting it.

What are my options in terms of OT? What exactly are the rules? Ive never really got a clear answer on it.

Many times I have stayed late to get work done that was well outside the scope of an 8 hour shift. It was not because I am slow or anything because I almost always beat my set times (on planogram) by large margins and or push times if I take a flow shift. So a handful of times this year they have told me I have to cut my OT. I normally moan and groan about it because I was doing them a favor by staying late when asked so why should I have to change my schedule when I did them a favor? Working overnight there isnt much of a benefit of leaving early because if I have 2 or 3 hours overtime to cut nobody is awake at 3am to hang out with nor is anything open so I cant even entertain myself.

So anyway once I have it can I just say no I am going to work my remaining shifts as scheduled?

Also if they want me to cut it sometimes I am just tired and want to go home can I cut it on my terms? Meaning If I want to leave at 4am instead of 6:30am on a random day can I?

Can they give me coachings if they asked me to stay late and I later refuse to cut the ot?

Your funny Juiced.

It's only supposed to be allowed in specific situations and if the Executive/STL can speak to it. And no, you can't cut on your whim, though you can usually negotiate something about where you will be cutting later in the week.

My STL and I have a very good (professional) relationship and she has frequently allowed overtime for me because she finds it to be a value-added use of payroll. My TL and I are pretty much the only ones in the store who receive OT.

What you really should do is let them know how many hours you're working that week when they ask you to stay late. When they ask you to stay late, they should be asking you if it would give you overtime, but if they don't, then let them know how many hours you're scheduled to work that week. That way, it is up to them if you get to stay late or not. They may say it's OK to work overtime, especially during the holiday season or they may tell you not to stay late in order to avoid overtime. It is up to them to decide if you can have overtime, but you have to tell them if you're getting close. I know the extra hours are nice, but getting pulled in the office and getting coached for unauthorized overtime is a bad thing. Your store is short on help if they're asking you to stay so they have to pick their poison: not finish that day or be short on help later in the week. Of course, they could always hire more people, but it's not always that easy.

OT at my store is super subjective... There are a few select TMs and TLs who get overtime pretty much whenever they want. I remember at huddle one morning the LOD saying that we had to watch our hours and NO ONE can have OT. 20 minutes later the same LOD comes and asks me if I can come in later and work McLane, I told him that it would be OT and he said it was fine!!!

Always kind of thought that it was funny how they always tried to keep the overtime a bit of a secret, yet, the publish the overtime watch list right next to the time clock for everyone too see!

OT at my store is super subjective... There are a few select TMs and TLs who get overtime pretty much whenever they want. I remember at huddle one morning the LOD saying that we had to watch our hours and NO ONE can have OT. 20 minutes later the same LOD comes and asks me if I can come in later and work McLane, I told him that it would be OT and he said it was fine!!!

Always kind of thought that it was funny how they always tried to keep the overtime a bit of a secret, yet, the publish the overtime watch list right next to the time clock for everyone too see!

I loved one week during remodel where I was coming in before anyone else, and leaving after people who came in 2 hours after me. I was working in a highly visible area where every single person in the store was working around me the whole time.

The OT report was already showing 6 hours of trending OT on the wall, ETL's comment "Don't let anyone know you're getting OT this week, it will cause hard feelings" I just looked at him and told him A) then don't have me working with the same people for more than 40 hours, B ) don't publish the OT report in a high visibility area with my name highlighted.
After that the OT report didn't get printed till remodel was over.

McLane is a pain in the motherf*cking ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back