COVID-19 Other than TP and sanitizer, what is your store out of?

We are also completely out of Nintendo switches. We are comping up in electronics as well. Its kinda weird considering we are in the middle of a pandemic.
Maybe because people are anticipating needing something to keep themselves entertained? So much in my state has been closed down, people are staying home more than usual. Kids are off school for 3 weeks, possibly longer depending how things go.
These, yes, but people are also getting their tax returns. Shopping conditions are far from ideal but a pandemic will not stop people from treating themselves. 🤷‍♀️

I haven't stepped foot in a store. What about things like flour and sugar and evaporated milk and other baking staples? If people are home most have the equipment (like an oven) to make their own bread and maintain a milk supply.

Empty all over n Tx. In fact people are spilling out of the burbs into the boonies to find stuff. For the burbie folks who can learn, this will be an education about the frailty of supply chains. My next concern is bank runs. Edit that bold font looked all “ flee for your lives”. Just have some cash. Mine lives in a baggie w a spritz of Lysol.

Last edited:
I haven't stepped foot in a store. What about things like flour and sugar and evaporated milk and other baking staples? If people are home most have the equipment (like an oven) to make their own bread and maintain a milk supply.

Most of our baking essentials are still in stock except for evaporated milk. We had a run on that last week and haven't gotten any in. We're getting hit with premade stuff, or just add a protein boxed dinners. Soups, hamburger helper, Chef Boyardee, frozen dinners, etc. That shit's barren. Snacks are also getting really low. Pop Tarts are almost all gone too. Oh and vinegar. We normally have way more of the gigantic vinegar jugs than we could ever possibly need. It's all gone.

Other things we are now out of include children's learning activity books, lots of board games, and pretty much all cold and flu medicine. Our paper towels and kleenex are running extremely low, as in if we don't get in a shitload tomorrow morning we'll be out by the end of the day. The tampon and pad aisle looks like a tornado hit and carried most of the product off.

Shit's crazy. We're so low on stock suddenly that we might be the only store in the country not making sales goals this week. Seriously, we're red because we don't have anything. Still, somehow I'm getting 300+ OPU units by 11am every morning. I wonder how many I'd have if we actually had the things people want to buy.

We are at a point where we are so out-of-stock that our store looks terrible on the consumables side.

I need to check sales data. I forgot to look today. aka how can we comp with virtually no product?

Last edited:
Not sure about my store, but when I stopped at a Kroger this afternoon, things are starting to look better. Produce was pretty good; meat and bread sections had some stuff there. Some shelves, especially paper products and canned goods, were pretty empty still. And at least at this one store, they're limiting lots of stuff - way more than my store is, like vitamins, diapers, feminine care, pain relief. It was a long list. But I was encouraged to see that fresh goods are reappearing.

Our Starbuck seating area is closed. Also can not add your own cream or sugar. In addition, the soup and wing bars are closed at our service deli. On a good note, our deli did have baked and fried chicken, while our meat department was out of raw chicken.

My boss and I ordered 1,100 pieces of produce from our warehouse for tomorrow. That is in addition to the cross-dock juice I ordered from two vendors and salad dressings I order for Friday after setting the new POG. I just hope we get a fraction of that.

We actually bake frequently. I have been looking for flour for five days now. There is plenty of sugar (we already have that). Apparently, there is no yeast, as I overheard some woman telling her friend on her cell phone. My husband laughed because I bought him a huge package of it in October or November. He likes to make pizza dough, pretzels, and focaccia.

We actually bake frequently. I have been looking for flour for five days now. There is plenty of sugar (we already have that). Apparently, there is no yeast, as I overheard some woman telling her friend on her cell phone. My husband laughed because I bought him a huge package of it in October or November. He likes to make pizza dough, pretzels, and focaccia.
I sent out the last of our flour Saturday. Haven't had yeast at all.

We have some pasta sauce, mac 'n cheese, rice, canned beans now, but the freezer section is clearing out. No chicken anywhere in the store that I could see. Most fish is gone, too.

Potato chips got destroyed in the last couple days. That was the new one I noticed. We still have all the baby stuff, formula, diapers, wipes but the common areas are just decimated. all regular paper products, food dry and fresh. Didn't help a C&S truck was straight out cancelled. So fresh produce, meat and everything else you get on C&S was just gone.. Frozen is light but you can still find most things. Maybe not exactly what you want but if you want frozen chicken breasts, you just may have to change what brand you buy.

Pain meds, cold meds and stuff like EmergenC are just gone. And feminine pads and tampons are just about sold out..

Hand soap, sanitizer and all the disinfecting wipes be there at open to even have a shot at them. gloves and masks? they just don't exist.

And I am just over people trying to buy like 10 travel size hand sanitizers when the sign is literally in the way where they have to flip it up to reach the bottles and they say there was not a sign.. Or "I have a business and need them for the office." Go to the fucking Costco in Lynwood! That is a business Costco. "Oh the line is horrible there and they are sold out of everything." Well here you get one.. No, you get one..

Laptops. I'm guessing it is people working from home now and with schools closed the kids need access to online learning.

Yep hubby dug out one of our old ones and got up and running for a neighbor's kid so they could have one for each kid. The one time it paid to be a tech geek who loves new toys..

Oh no my hinny ain’t clean

Believe it or not, our store actually had TP in stock for two days (Sunday and Monday). I bought one package. We still had some TP in stock last night.

Mung Bean Sprouts. I did not realize how packages of these really do sell at my grocery store. Bulk garlic. We only have jars of minced garlic, as finally, we sold the last package of peeled garlic mid-morning on Monday. Bulk russet baking potatoes. Mostly have been getting only 5lb and 10lb bags of russet potatoes.

Back