Archived OTJ Injury and no accident report filed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in the backroom and have done so for years and years. Most days I love it . Do I think its hard work ? Yes. Do, I think its physical labor? Of course. Do I get stressed out ? Hell yes. However, I would NOT want to work at the front lanes and or the service desk...no way. I can handle going up and down a ladder with heavy items for 8-9 hours and more than likely smile while I am doing it . However, I would go nuts if I had to deal with ...the leadership always harping about redcards, cashier speed , etc etc, and lest we forget those guest who are simply rude. I am said on here before...I have respect for anyone who works on the front end. Hopefully, they have the same for me .

I work in the backroom and have done so for years and years. Most days I love it . Do I think its hard work ? Yes. Do, I think its physical labor? Of course. Do I get stressed out ? Hell yes. However, I would NOT want to work at the front lanes and or the service desk...no way. I can handle going up and down a ladder with heavy items for 8-9 hours and more than likely smile while I am doing it . However, I would go nuts if I had to deal with ...the leadership always harping about redcards, cashier speed , etc etc, and lest we forget those guest who are simply rude. I am said on here before...I have respect for anyone who works on the front end. Hopefully, they have the same for me .
There is no way I could have done back room. I had a lot of respect for those who did the job well.

If you're not working in the back or the parking lot, your job at Target is not physically demanding. That's the truth. Flow too.

And this thread turned into a bitch fest...I've done GSTL, PATL and BR/INSTOCKS TL and physically backroom ask alot but we don't have to put up with guest at the level front end and sales floor does. We all have specific job demands and time restrictions so until you've walked in that team members shoes stop ya bitchin!!!

If you're not working in the back or the parking lot, your job at Target is not physically demanding. That's the truth. Flow too.

They're physically demanding in a different sense. Even working 40 hours a week in the backroom, nothing hurts worse than your feet at the end of an 8 hour cashier shift.

Ok, what kind of manager tells you to fill out an injury report the next day??? They're not supposed to ask if you want to fill one out, they're supposed to make you fill one out ASAP. I fell a couple of times in my previous job moving around big boxes for customers and the managers always asked if I was ok and how I felt. They made me fill out the report regardless of being in pain or not. Your store management fucking sucks. Is that how all Target managers are?

I started this thread to talk about how I was injured and somehow it turned into a contest of who's job is more (physically) demanding.

Any job can be demanding. There's no need to whip 'em out and measure, okay?

I started this thread to talk about how I was injured and somehow it turned into a contest of who's job is more (physically) demanding.

Any job can be demanding. There's no need to whip 'em out and measure, okay?
The time I took a box to the face my etl-log told me I had 24hrs to fill out the report before they refused to accept liability. I didn't get hurt but it crimped my glasses and I was worried they couldn't be fixed straight...at $300...so I wouldn't know if I needed to fill out a report right then.

He had kids though, so he stopped a couple times before I left and followed up the next day as well.

I had to speak with someone on the phone about the workers comp claim and they asked questions that made me uneasy. Like they were fishing for info that wasn't even related to my injuries.

List of meds (I declined to answer), illnesses (only one, so I said which) and a few other personal questions that I felt uncomfortable answering.
I understand they need to know if I was stoned at work but that's what the UA is for. It was weird. Maybe it's standard procedure but I hear horror stories about companies doing their best to deny all claims.

It's SOP. Their job is to do the best they can to be sure they don't have to pay out any claims. So they will do whatever they can to figure out a way to deny it. And declining to answer what mess you are on may be enough of a reason for them right there. Not overly sure, though.

I know a TM who used to work there that told them she was bipolar. After that they told her that she could not cashier any longer because they thought the stress would be too much for her. The only scheduled her for soft lines from then on.
I don't need them knowing what meds I'm on for IBS or if I take prescription stomach meds or anti-seizure meds or a fucking aspirin.
Sneaky fucks.

And yeah, welcome to the Internet, home to one's innermost, darkest personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back