Archived OTJ Injury and no accident report filed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fell down at work and hurt my leg, ankle, and butt, and the GSA was pretty nonchalant and even though I was limping like mad and in a lot of pain, he pretty much ignored it.
The LOD finally asked why I was limping and I said that I'd fallen. Then they asked if I needed to fill out an accident report and I said, I guess so because I don't know the protocol. Then she said we could do it in the morning.

That was a week ago and I still hurt and have swelling. It's getting worse and I might have to call in tomorrow.
I know that they just want to keep their numbers up and not have to report an accident but shit, that's messing up my ability to see a doctor.

What do I do?

Go in, talk to the ETL who told you to fill out an accident report, fill out a report, then go to a doctor (do not go to a doctor before you fill out the report).
It won't take long to fill out the report and better late than never or after you go to the doctor.

Why did you fall down???
Because someone had to do it.

Did you call Life Alert?
No, I lost my button.

Go in, talk to the ETL who told you to fill out an accident report, fill out a report, then go to a doctor (do not go to a doctor before you fill out the report).
It won't take long to fill out the report and better late than never or after you go to the doctor.
They didn't really tell me to fill it out, they put me off until the next day. Oh, and they were off that day as was the GSA. I'll fill one out tomorrow. There's tape that will show the incident.

They didn't really tell me to fill it out, they put me off until the next day. Oh, and they were off that day as was the GSA. I'll fill one out tomorrow. There's tape that will show the incident.

Don't count on tape or them being willing to check it.
The tape is used to cover their ass not yours (so to speak).
If TMs you know witnessed it get them to chime in.

Crap, it was dead, Not even sure I remember who the cashier was. When I was in management positions with previous jobs, I filled out an accident report immediately, be it a customer or an employee involved. CYA

fill out an accident report now. Target is liable for any injury that occurs in the workplace. they should not ignore it and you should not wait until your injury gets worse.

Any sort of work related injury compensation is already a pain in the assignment trust me. I filled out a former immediately and even then the process was less than stellar. But the quicker those forms are filled out and you are seen by an approved doctor the better. Why they didn't fill it out that day is beyond me. Etl HR needs to be informed about them brushing it off.

Update: they filled out an accident report and sent me to the doctor and to do a UA. The bruising has started going away but they're treating me strangely, like I'm a delicate little flower. It's aggravating.

Update: they filled out an accident report and sent me to the doctor and to do a UA. The bruising has started going away but they're treating me strangely, like I'm a delicate little flower. It's aggravating.
When injuries they are supposed to put you on light duty but you are already doing the least demanding job in the store. They are just trying to make sure you don't get rehurt somehow.

When injuries they are supposed to put you on light duty but you are already doing the least demanding job in the store. They are just trying to make sure you don't get rehurt somehow.

"Least demanding in the store"?

Working on my feet sometimes 9 or 10 days in a row, carrying out for guests, running my ass off because no one with a walkie or my device knows where anything is and I often have to go get it, getting screamed at by irate bigots who swear about all the perverts we let in the bathrooms, getting screamed at by irate scammers who try to return products that we don't even sell, covering a GSA's work because she's outside chatting with friends for an hour, trying to be 3 cashiers at once because two called in, having to hope from register to register because they all keep locking up because no one reboots ... I could go on.

Yeah, that's not demanding.

Maybe you did not intend to demean my positions but it sounds like you think cashiers and srvc desk don't do anything important.

"Least demanding in the store"?

Working on my feet sometimes 9 or 10 days in a row, carrying out for guests, running my ass off because no one with a walkie or my device knows where anything is and I often have to go get it, getting screamed at by irate bigots who swear about all the perverts we let in the bathrooms, getting screamed at by irate scammers who try to return products that we don't even sell, covering a GSA's work because she's outside chatting with friends for an hour, trying to be 3 cashiers at once because two called in, having to hope from register to register because they all keep locking up because no one reboots ... I could go on.

Yeah, that's not demanding.

Maybe you did not intend to demean my positions but it sounds like you think cashiers and srvc desk don't do anything important.
The entire front end and fitting room are considered light duty. Your "demanding" situations are from workers not doing their jobs. Not necessarily your core roles.

In the grand scheme of targets work centers, cashier and guest services are the least physically demanding.

Im backroom and I wish I could only do the things you do. Instead I'm forced to met unrealistic time goals running up and down ladders with 50lbs boxes for 9 hours a day while also doing carry out and beings personal shopper. I don't want to demand your work center but it is the least demanding overall after the fitting room.

Spoken like a true sheltered BRTM.
Take your tasks & add guest interruptions EVERY MINUTE while getting yelled at over the walkie & you might come close to the asylum requiem that is front end.
And the demanding situation from 'workers not doing their jobs' is enough of a daily occurrence that it may as well be core roles.
But hey, you've always got time for an extra-long crap.

Spoken like a true sheltered BRTM.
Take your tasks & add guest interruptions EVERY MINUTE while getting yelled at over the walkie & you might come close to the asylum requiem that is front end.
And the demanding situation from 'workers not doing their jobs' is enough of a daily occurrence that it may as well be core roles.
Yeah, no. My my flexes, ship too stores, guest pulls and more are just as annoying and hindrance as guest yelling. Because they yell at me too when the system say we have an item that we dont

I would say BRTM is more physically demanding than GSTM. But GSTM requires a lot of lifting. Carry outs, carry ins, the number of guests who bring the item up to the desk in the cart and then stare at you (sure, let me walk around the counter and plop that crap up on the counter for you). Those stupid online orders of furniture that you have to muscle out of its hiding place...the list goes on.

I found electronics TM to be the least physically demanding, myself.

The entire front end and fitting room are considered light duty. Your "demanding" situations are from workers not doing their jobs. Not necessarily your core roles.

In the grand scheme of targets work centers, cashier and guest services are the least physically demanding.

Im backroom and I wish I could only do the things you do. Instead I'm forced to met unrealistic time goals running up and down ladders with 50lbs boxes for 9 hours a day while also doing carry out and beings personal shopper. I don't want to demand your work center but it is the least demanding overall after the fitting room.

Oh, I see, you meant physically demanding.
Well, you got me there indeed. I can't possibly argue with your assertion that your position is more physically demanding than mine.
I do, however, find it incredibly demanding to have to intellectually spar with unarmed opponents ... whilst juggling cases of water or a shelving unit, or a dozen carts at a time (dodging cars whose drivers apparently give zero fucks about hitting a big line of red things or an orange-clad TM), all the while smiling and acting as though I love each and every one of the mewling brats who damage anything at eye level and their mentally deficient parents who find it amusing to ignore said brats and tell underpaid me that they don't *need* to save any money on anything.

So, let's qualify "demanding" next time. I chose to work with the general public becaues I'm an Academy Award winner when it comes to my job. I might want to punt a bitch across the lanes but no one would ever know it.

You chose your physically challenging work center. Perhaps you could ask to cross train in order to get an easier shift occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back