Archived Out in the open schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinallyFamous

DazedNconfuzed
Am I the only person that finds it weird that target posts your schedules out in the open for any and everybody else to see!? Is it even like this in all target stores?

I just think it's a little funny doesn't that go against some kinda privacy rule?? Not to mention with hours being low it gets kinda awkward when you see TMs who have like one day a week checking n looking at others hours and seeing that so n so is still getting 20, 35 hours why do I only get 15?

Not really. I appreciate the open schedule because I can see who I'm working with on any given day. If it's the GSA I have a problem with, I can prepare myself. If I notice there's a day no one is on the schedule for my given area then I can bring it up. It has a ton of benefits.

Any place I've ever worked that had work schedules had them posted for everyone to see.

Doing that is nothing new.

Not really. I appreciate the open schedule because I can see who I'm working with on any given day. If it's the GSA I have a problem with, I can prepare myself. If I notice there's a day no one is on the schedule for my given area then I can bring it up. It has a ton of benefits.

This. I like to know who I am working with.

Theres not much to be private about I mean technically you arent even supposed to be looking at other peoples schedule so thats on you if you have some moral issue with it. Now if it was like down by guest service I would be kind of ticked.

Personally I do not agree with checks being at guest service as ours is open for any guest to enter into. THAT is a big concern (and why I have direct deposit)

Last edited:
Perfectly normal.

I'd be annoyed if I had to log in the computer and could only see my schedule. Having everyone's up allows me to see who I'm working with, look at someone else's shift to see about switching, text a friend if they forgot what they work on a certain day, etc.

Agree, totally normal and I appreciate it.

My only complaint is that I can only see my own schedule on Kronos. That’s all I usually check but means I never know who I’m working with or anything else.

I miss being able to see who I was working with in branch. I wish they’d include it in Kronos.

Also it’s helpful for finding people to ask about swapping shifts with if you can see see when they’re working, that way you don’t have to ask people you already know can’t take your shift.

The schedule does not have your complete last name or tm number. You had no issues when you filled out the application or with the interview. You had the opportunity to express your concerns when hired. The schedules are in tmsc behind a lock door. It appears that you something to hide.

Yes at least ours is...but if u notice ur last name is only the first 3 letters so no one knows your full name

Personally I do not agree with checks being at guest service as ours is open for any guest to enter into. THAT is a big concern (and why I have direct deposit

Do you guys not put them in a locked drawer?

My store has a printed out daily log that they do as soon as they post the schedule....so unless there is a swapped shift you can see who'll be working that particular day.

Speaking of schedules....I was on vacation for 11 days......the schedule that would have my first day back wasn't posted ( let alone done..) when I left for my vacation. I asked my STL if I could call in to find out what my shift schedule was for my return date. Well, STL said that I couldn't call in because there might be a mistake when someone would be giving me the scheduled time.....so I asked if I called to talk with an LOD would that be OK and she said "no" that I would have to come in to read the schedule or download the kronos app on my smartphone. Really??

I understand that I can't call for my whole schedule, but why can't I call for the schedule for my return day?
Anyway, I called and talked to my HR clerical to find out what my shift was. I told her that the STL had said that we had to come see the schedule and that no one was allowed to give the scheduled time. Clerical HR said that she wasn't aware of the fact that TMs were supposed to come see the schedule.

Tell me....was my STL really right about getting my shift for my return date.....does a TM really have to come in to see the schedule?

Am I the only person that finds it weird that target posts your schedules out in the open for any and everybody else to see!? Is it even like this in all target stores?

I think so, for privacy they only post a partial name. When I used to work at a department store many years ago
the schedule was posted on a clipboard in the department rather then by the store time clock.

Tell me....was my STL really right about getting my shift for my return date.....does a TM really have to come in to see the schedule?
At my store, supposed to be LOD only, because of potential mistakes or pranks.

I just think it's a little funny doesn't that go against some kinda privacy rule?? Not to mention with hours being low it gets kinda awkward when you see TMs who have like one day a week checking n looking at others hours and seeing that so n so is still getting 20, 35 hours why do I only get 15?

I might be the only one who has a post that backs up your concern.... but for a completely different reason. :confused: The last company I worked for used to have a schedule posted for all to see......then some sort of "privacy rule" (not law, just rule) kicked in. Something about "preventative stalking...?" ( Don't quote me on that terminology). So, a new process kicked in where you only had access via a log-in to your OWN schedule; therefore your "potential" stalker didn't know when YOU worked next. The only persons who could see the schedule in it's entirety was HR and the Store Mgr(s).

Seems like you are the only one , who thinks its weird

When I first started with Spot, schedules had full name but then it was shortened a few years later for privacy.

Sometimes hours are given on performance or those who know multiple work centers. Availability is key too.

Team members should not be telling others when you are working either by phone or in person.

I asked my STL if I could call in to find out what my shift schedule was for my return date. Well, STL said that I couldn't call in because there might be a mistake when someone would be giving me the scheduled time.....so I asked if I called to talk with an LOD would that be OK and she said "no" that I would have to come in to read the schedule or download the kronos app on my smartphone. Really??

Your STL might mean what she says about you getting the wrong info and/or she could actually be playing it safe but not outright saying why. Giving out schedules over the phone to someone whose identity cannot be visually confirmed is risky. What if you got kidnapped by a psycho who pretended to be you over the phone in order to find out when you worked? The safest and most convenient solution is to have you check your schedule online using Kronos. A safe but less convenient solution is to have you look at the posted schedule in store.

Team members should not be telling others when you are working either by phone or in person.

This. I am baffled by how trusting people could be sometimes. Like, you have to actually tell them: Don't give out the personal information (i.e. phone number, e-mail, schedule, etc) of anyone to someone over the phone. Don't give out the TMSC passcode to people who don't work here. Don't let strangers into TMSC. And the list goes on... o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back