Archived Out of dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tortillas is usually a big offender at my store.

Yogurt is the biggest challenge by far. When they are stacked four facings wide, three facings tall, and nine deep, that's about a hundred yogurts to check. My SDA is usually 25 items, and most of them are yogurt! Then the LOD wants to know why it takes so long to to the SDA.... :angry:

Ya ..I hate yogurt...the worst is when we have it on display on a front endcap. We never sell through much of it and we always find a ton of outdates

After Flow gets done doing the pushes from the truck orders, I usually go through dairy and short date as I check to ensure capacities are followed. Since I've started to make it a habit to short date all the usual suspects, expired products on shelf are rare. Initially, that wasn't the case. I discovered over 30 eaches of expired MP fruit cups, as well as 6 or so full cases of AF chips in upper shelving of GROC1/2 back stock areas, not to mention qmosing out over 120 eggs in one day!

When our pfresh first launched, product like the yogurts, prepackaged chicken were seriously over capacities. I was consistently running into expired products that were buried under the newer stuff a day or two out of date (usually when I have that day off and I come back to expired product on shelves during opening cull.)

All of my food truck flow TM's were new hires -- so I took the time to teach them how to short date with PDA, to check that capacities are followed along with emphasizing the importance of strip rotation on all perishables. Along with ensuring they used the date-line labeler on appropriate product -- since then, I've rarely run into the usual suspects and my qmosed out costs are lower.

Heck, this is the venders responsibility, but a guest discovered 30+ day expired Pepsi product and the GTSL radioed me when they were checking out. I found around 20 expired 12 packs on shelves, pulled them and notified my CTL.

Constant vigilance -- short dating high perishables requires a team effort along with consistent checking of dates as you push to shelves or zoning.

Also, if you get out of dates on a new food order, you can tell the driver to credit & take it back, if you catch him before he leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back