Outbound question

Hey.
I've been working outbound since july past year and I was wondering. First of all, now that peak season ended. It doesnt seem they'll be doing any lay offs, but do they tend to do that thing where they slowly try to make people quit or get them fired?

Also, is there any way that they could play favorites on lane prod? Like, have someones lane super busy with low prod and someones lane falling super slow but with high prod.

Thank you!

“Flex down” is essentially being laid off for the day/week voluntarily, so as long as enough people are willing to volunteer they won’t cut everyone’s hours.
That being said, things that may have been overlooked because of higher volume and needing bodies aren’t overlooked when volumes are low. There are fewer people on the floor so it’s easier to pick out the weaker links.
I’m sure there is a way to play favorites as far as lane sets go, but afaik a box is a box when it comes to lanes so busy doors are high prod, slow doors are low prod. The way the wing is set up should make it easy to divide it up pretty evenly. I’m not in OB though so I could be wrong.

I spent several years in OB. Unless you're a seasonal you don't get laid off. It just doesn't work like that. But to InboundDCGuy's point they will definitely be more strict on what behaviors are and are not okay. And this the time where problem TMs start disappearing.

Also as said by DCguy a box is a box. If the box is going to divert to that store there's nothing they can do about it. Only way to mess with prod is if someone is logged into your lanes. Or you're not logged in. And that's solved by just checking SDE or SDI on the symbol every now and again.

Buckle up for more doors though. Fall season was great for those 4 door lane sets. After that be ready to be holding down a 10 door set and still not be busy enough.

Take the VLE and sign up for NS.

How is rate for lanes even accurate? Do they take into consideration that running 100% or more on four or five doors versus running 100% on 11 doors plus getting smacked with a bunch of UDC’S. I am completely drained and sore from literally just keeping off the red lights from those stupid green long UDC’S boxes all night and then they expect me to load all my pallets and PIPO in as well. The amount of steps I took going up that stupid little stepladder they want us to use and all the walking plus the UDC’S? Rate is BS and not accurate. I felt like I let my team down because I can hold my weight and run 100%+ but with peek over now and expect me to do that... ROFL

Back