Pricing and Presentation Overnight Old School

Our ETL GM built a dream team for the overnights effectively screwing over dayside. All hand selected and asked, no volunteers for this! And of course said ETL will be right there alongside going overnight with them. One team one dream! Oh, except they changed their mind and they’re putting the least liked TL on overnights. And haven’t told them yet.. See kids, not all closed door HR conversations are fun. 😕

I'm sick with envy of those of you who were allowed to go overnight this week for OTC.

OTC, of all the goddamn things right now.

Our ETL GM built a dream team for the overnights effectively screwing over dayside. All hand selected and asked, no volunteers for this! And of course said ETL will be right there alongside going overnight with them. One team one dream! Oh, except they changed their mind and they’re putting the least liked TL on overnights. And haven’t told them yet.. See kids, not all closed door HR conversations are fun. 😕
Wouldn't you just have GM2 go overnight? Nice try ETL, lol.

I'm sick with envy of those of you who were allowed to go overnight this week for OTC.

OTC, of all the goddamn things right now.

In all fairness, OTC sets this time of year every year. So it was already in the pipeline. I am in the same boat as you, not doing overnights to set. But that is by MY choice, not leadership's. I did have to leave my aisle for 5 minutes today because the line for pharmacy was creeping closer to me. But other than that, everyone kept their distance.

Our district wants to do this too. Now, it’s real.

Details PLEASE from those that are doing this, answers to stuff like:

1. How many tm’s, how many shifts, length of shifts, consistent every week ?
2. Were you given any other options to the 10 pm-6:30 am that I was offered ?
Someone here said 4 am-12:30pm....that sounds better - is it working ?
3. What actual duties ? Plano & Pricing only ?
4. If it’s offered and you say “no” , what is the next step ?
5. What about the DBO’s you’ll never see ? Do you no longer watch a department ?

‘’Decision to do this or not still depends on so much more than -
PRO - no guests/cashiering backup/phones/’visits’ - - - all a big YES, I’ll take it
CONS - husband sleeps alone (i hope ), I sleep during the day (I hope), eating schedule upside down,
Danger of driving sleepy, possibly working sleepy, working with no other leader in the building
(what if there’s an emergency ?!), no interaction time with DBO’s, - these issues all weigh on NO

We put our GM team overnight for the most part. A few of our F&B team chose overnight. I did a hard pass because I do not do well physically during that time period. Then I was pretty much given an ultimatum of overnight or lose hours.

I think I was able to work out a compromise, with my current schedule as is and then closing shifts. However, we shall see.

Upon further review, I retract my previous statement against going overnight. I was presented with that option today and the more I thought about guest interruptions these days, repeating the same answer all day to the inevitable "Do you have hand sanitizer," the concern my family has for me working, TMs disappearing for LOAs, and the heightened stress that pervades the store daily, the more overnights seemed like a good way to get some distance from a lot of it.

Talked it over with my husband & work-wife and I'm going to give it a go. If overnights don't work out for me, I can go back to dayside filling flex orders.

ETL asked me whether I'd be interested in going overnight for SFS/OPU. He didn't even finish the question before I went up in a flame of "YES!"

Turns out he was only asking for the LOLs of it. We ARE going to have an overnight SFS/OPU crew...but I have to stay on dayside to set "In with the New, Part Two" and Bullseye.

Am I the only one who thinks Bullseye just needs to be shut off right now? I really don't need to be elbow-to-stomach with the Karens who want to snatch up whatever I'm stocking before they even see what it is.

ETL asked me whether I'd be interested in going overnight for SFS/OPU. He didn't even finish the question before I went up in a flame of "YES!"

Turns out he was only asking for the LOLs of it. We ARE going to have an overnight SFS/OPU crew...but I have to stay on dayside to set "In with the New, Part Two" and Bullseye.

Am I the only one who thinks Bullseye just needs to be shut off right now? I really don't need to be elbow-to-stomach with the Karens who want to snatch up whatever I'm stocking before they even see what it is.

Don't they understand all process tasks like pog are supposed to shift to overnights? We're not prioritizing either of those sets next week. I am still dayside for one more week and we will set the summer part of mini and sidecaps, then get into chem reset. Everything else we are waiting on unless we get directions to salvage it all out.

Almost my whole store except for front end seems to be going overnight.

That's the direction being given. Move all processes overnight and have a skeleton crew dayside to minimize risk for as many people as they can. One of our former GSAs switched to overnights, not sure what they have her working on but she's there every truck night.

Last edited:
Time to compare and find which WORKS:

2018 - 50% tm overnight, 50% dayside
2019 - 100% tm dayside
2020 - 75% tm overnight, 25% dayside

change is a certainty til they get the right recipe.

I can’t believe you guys are overnight. I get 14 trucks and can’t do overnight . We did for 3 weeks and then the district OP pulled the plug. I’m jealous 😢

Ask again. They're supposed to be moving everything they possibly can to overnight to limit exposure per corporate. Even small, low volume stores are going overnight. Your behemoth should be able to.

Ask again. They're supposed to be moving everything they possibly can to overnight to limit exposure per corporate. Even small, low volume stores are going overnight. Your behemoth should be able to.
Ask again 😮? I rather stay in my lane . My sd thing is overnight or 4 am I still finish to soon the unload so no need for overnight. Even tho I don’t want overnight because I finish the trucks faster . I simply want overnight to avoid p1 traffic during the unload since they start at 4:30 am. Maybe if I had some paper trail to support my asking would help . But without hardcore proof other districts are doing it the chances are slim to none.

Ask again 😮? I rather stay in my lane . My sd thing is overnight or 4 am I still finish to soon the unload so no need for overnight. Even tho I don’t want overnight because I finish the trucks faster . I simply want overnight to avoid p1 traffic during the unload since they start at 4:30 am. Maybe if I had some paper trail to support my asking would help . But without hardcore proof other districts are doing it the chances are slim to none.

A couple thoughts: is there any info on WorkBench about covid and store operations? I haven't looked at any of it myself but maybe there'd be something indicating overnights are preferred.

How does your team feel? Would they feel safer going overnight? That could be your approach to asking, that your team would feel safer with more distance from the P1 team too and no guest interaction as well.

I am a low volume store and we've had overnights going for almost a month already. Not all processes but that will start in another week.

Back