Pricing and Presentation Overnight Old School

Just given word that we will be foregoing transition and pricing as it relates to modernization. Instead creating 2 teams. One pog. One pricing. To go overnight for the next 4 months.

I and another lead will likely be scheduled along with 6-8 other TMs for this process.

IDNK if Pricing will drop differently to account for this. IDNK if we need to also set revs and endcaps. IDNK if we will be setting all departments or just GM departments. I know all pricing (style and GM will be handled by us, but IDNK if Market is part of that since they are doing plu-style pricing now). I also don't know if this will be consistently scheduled with 40hr a tm each week. Transition and pricing aren't always heavy every week. So I wonder how hours will be doled out. I don't want to do overnight if there's zero reason too. Right?

I suspect we will be considered clean-up for anything that doesn't get done day-side. I will be adament that we do pricing and presentation first and preferably only. If time allows, maybe we'll pull 1-4-1s or push truck.

Just given word that we will be foregoing transition and pricing as it relates to modernization. Instead creating 2 teams. One pog. One pricing. To go overnight for the next 4 months.

I and another lead will likely be scheduled along with 6-8 other TMs for this process.

IDNK if Pricing will drop differently to account for this. IDNK if we need to also set revs and endcaps. IDNK if we will be setting all departments or just GM departments. I know all pricing (style and GM will be handled by us, but IDNK if Market is part of that since they are doing plu-style pricing now). I also don't know if this will be consistently scheduled with 40hr a tm each week. Transition and pricing aren't always heavy every week. So I wonder how hours will be doled out. I don't want to do overnight if there's zero reason too. Right?

I suspect we will be considered clean-up for anything that doesn't get done day-side. I will be adament that we do pricing and presentation first and preferably only. If time allows, maybe we'll pull 1-4-1s or push truck.
We were told through Q4 in my group to limit exposure. All workload will be done overnight including picking, pricing and Plano

We were told through Q4 in my group to limit exposure. All workload will be done overnight including picking, pricing and Plano

Our group is just pricing and presentation. No ship. But, given that we'll have a consistent overnight crew, adding a picker wouldn't be unreasonable. We're not an enhanced store, even though we're getting hit with orders hard. It might happen.

I’d totally be down for some overnight shenanigans if my store allowed me. Just shift my schedule back further from closing to overnight lead.

Our group is just pricing and presentation. No ship. But, given that we'll have a consistent overnight crew, adding a picker wouldn't be unreasonable. We're not an enhanced store, even though we're getting hit with orders hard. It might happen.
Luckily our remodel got canceled last minute so we’ve already got an overnight team hired and doing pog overnight

Yeah the pricing team is back together but we are doing 4-1230. We are an overnight store and there is just too much going on so we decided on 4am

I don’t like OVERNIGHT, messes up with normal body rhythms.

And I’ve been scared awake by a honking car driving home - I get scared all over again when I even THINK about that time I was behind the wheel and opened my eyes to an oncoming car beeping at me !

BUT....late night, early day - let’s talk.

Seriously? When are they starting this?
It’s not company direction. Group leadership were given the okay to do it if they think it’s the best idea and essentially if they want to do it they can. My group is starting ASAP. My store already started last week and is moving the entire GM process overnight and will pretty much just have food, style and fulfillment here during the day

We started overnights at my store 2 weeks ago and mainly focus on truck and ship from store and it’s nice to not be around people during the covid outbreak plus pay is an extra dollar on top of the $2 differential Raise you have to really get used to working overnight but overall it’s been super fun and nice

we've already implemented this at my store, tbh. i did overnights for 8ish months for a remodel that led into 4th quarter where we go overnight anyway so 4 months is nothing to me. the worst part is the constant exhaustion and your days blending tgt lol.

still, it keeps me away from the general public for the most part so i'll take it.

Last edited:
we've already implemented this at my store, tbh. i did overnights for 8ish months for a remodel that led into 4th quarter where we go overnight anyway so 4 months is nothing to me. the worst part is the constant exhaustion and your days blending tgt lol.

still, it keeps me away from the general public for the most part so i'll take it.

This is why I was told to apply to flow in the first place. (except I don't think my store has done overnights since I've been there. We did a 4am start though)

My group will be starting on the schedule that comes out this Friday.

I love me some overnight shenanigans!

I'd be sorely tempted to go overnight if it's offered to me, mostly just to be more isolated from the general public. Have to put my DBO area back together after months of neglect, but I can do that.

Back