Archived Overnight TM working Thanksgiving/Black Friday shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there. I'm a flow team member, been on about three months. I've done plenty of stocking and signing and I know things really well now. BUT, on thanksgiving, my store is having me come in at 6pm (when the store opens) on Thanksgiving. I'm a cashier. Trained for about an hour with another flow TM after my overnight shift when the store opened. Another cashier trained me, so no real formal training. I know how to take cash, debit, credit, checks, check produce codes, do red cards, check IDs for alcohol and bag. I know that's a large chunk of it, but I'm worried about disputes. I worked fast food previously, but it wasn't with a cash register. I have no problem with handling money, but when sh*t hits the fan on Black Friday, I'm going to be on my own. Any advice or tips? Virtual Target cash register (kidding, but if it exists..)? I'm going back to my regular shift Friday night and then on, but I need to prepare. Thanks.

Hey there. I'm a flow team member, been on about three months. I've done plenty of stocking and signing and I know things really well now. BUT, on thanksgiving, my store is having me come in at 6pm (when the store opens) on Thanksgiving. I'm a cashier. Trained for about an hour with another flow TM after my overnight shift when the store opened. Another cashier trained me, so no real formal training. I know how to take cash, debit, credit, checks, check produce codes, do red cards, check IDs for alcohol and bag. I know that's a large chunk of it, but I'm worried about disputes. I worked fast food previously, but it wasn't with a cash register. I have no problem with handling money, but when sh*t hits the fan on Black Friday, I'm going to be on my own. Any advice or tips? Virtual Target cash register (kidding, but if it exists..)? I'm going back to my regular shift Friday night and then on, but I need to prepare. Thanks.
Hit the button on the register to call the GSA over if any problems happen and blink your light.

For disputes use your best judgement if it's an item that costs 5$ and they want it for 3$ just change it, however if they're trying to get it for .50 or something I wouldn't call that good judgement. Same goes for expensive items anything over 40-50$ really shouldn't have more than 15$ price difference unless it's a door buster. However for the sake of time I generally just price change almost everything people complain about. As long as your not just blatantly giving something away you should be fine. Under the whole empowerment movement target has undergone you've basically been given a 30$ window to play with so use it to your best judgement. If something rings up and it costs 60$ but they say there's a sign that says it's 20$ it was obvious it's in the wrong spot so do you best to haggle a middle of the road deal for them just don't give it away.

The only issue I have with hitting the little thing to get your GSA over is your going to be taking up a lot of time. If it's something you seriously need help with then sure, but when it comes to tiny issues you can resolve yourself just by guest service change the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back