Archived Overnights NO HATS ! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhd

Big city store overnight shift = 10:30pm - 8am . Policy has been the last two years jeans ok , hats ok , red shirt .

Handbook does not mention hats at all. Day time is no hats although apparently lip rings, blue hair IS ok ... lol

Story is someone in corporate decided hats are no longer acceptable . Not even my TARGET racing hat which is

what I wear everyday and have been complimented on by just about everyone .

I was told that one issue is employees are wearing know gang colors in the sports hats they wear ? wtf ? really ?

I wear one of my many Target hats everywhere ...and you would think that Target would appreciate that ..guess not.. lol

Obviously I am a BIG hat guy . I can not go anywhere without a hat. Don't laugh , some can't go out the house with out

make up !!!

any thoughts ?

Big city store overnight shift = 10:30pm - 8am . Policy has been the last two years jeans ok , hats ok , red shirt .

Handbook does not mention hats at all. Day time is no hats although apparently lip rings, blue hair IS ok ... lol

Story is someone in corporate decided hats are no longer acceptable . Not even my TARGET racing hat which is

what I wear everyday and have been complimented on by just about everyone .

I was told that one issue is employees are wearing know gang colors in the sports hats they wear ? wtf ? really ?

I wear one of my many Target hats everywhere ...and you would think that Target would appreciate that ..guess not.. lol

Obviously I am a BIG hat guy . I can not go anywhere without a hat. Don't laugh , some can't go out the house with out

make up !!!

any thoughts ?

Do you live in Cali?

our handbook says no hats except for cart attendants - doesn't matter what time of day or night.

No hats dude. It's in the handbook. Sorry.

Maybe yours but not mine ... lol . hr even said its not in our handbook , "its up to each store".
I guess my question is not about it being in the handbook or not ...i am just curious as to opinions on
the policy in general especially given it is a Target hat that I wear and have worn for 2 years.

And the reason they stated for issuing this change : " employees wearing team hats with colors that are affiliated with gangs "

AND it is apparently ok to have blue/purple hair with tattoos and various piercings .

Maybe yours but not mine ... lol . hr even said its not in our handbook , "its up to each store".
I guess my question is not about it being in the handbook or not ...i am just curious as to opinions on
the policy in general especially given it is a Target hat that I wear and have worn for 2 years.

And the reason they stated for issuing this change : " employees wearing team hats with colors that are affiliated with gangs "

AND it is apparently ok to have blue/purple hair with tattoos and various piercings .

You're trying to have it make sense.
Stop it!
That way only leads to blinding headaches and long bouts of drinking.

Last edited:

one thing about the handbook and then I'm done - you don't have a current one. You can ask, they will give you one.

Just be glad you have a job however annoying it is - and I know it's annoying. Does it really matter if you can wear a hat?

Yes it does matter. Why else would I bring it up. Some can't leave the house without makeup ...I can NOT go out with out
a hat . ANYWHERE !! . Yes it is a problem .. lol . not really funny though . Its just the absurdity of not being able to wear
a company logo hat at work .

No its not . And I have a full head of hair :)

one thing about the handbook and then I'm done - you don't have a current one. You can ask, they will give you one.

Just be glad you have a job however annoying it is - and I know it's annoying. Does it really matter if you can wear a hat?

I've asked for a current Handbook at my store and was told that "we don't have any extras....they're used for orientation. Besides, the Handbook is on-line." Or "You can wait and we can order one for you."

I tried to steal one from our "Training Room" but we didn't have any there. I don't know where the "new Team Member" orientation packets are, but if I did I'd steal one from there!

Just suck it up or find a new job.

I don't understand why you would want to wear a hat while inside anyways, it's like wearing sunglasses at night

Hey now, let's be fair, there are some people who can pull it off.

I give you example A:
The-Blues-Brothers-002.jpg

90% of my team has tattoos or a wide of assortment of piercings. they are awesome. i wouldn't trade them for anything.
between them, 12 ear piercings, 1 lip, 2 eyebrows, septum, 2 noses, sternum (that looks painful, btw), lobe stretching, 2 belly buttons... that's just the stuff they willingly show off ;)

Hmmm....think it could be because they want to have a good shot of your face if you were ever caught on camera doing something illegal or unsafe?

Whatcha been up to that they just now want your hat removed? LOL!

90% of my team has tattoos or a wide of assortment of piercings. they are awesome. i wouldn't trade them for anything.
between them, 12 ear piercings, 1 lip, 2 eyebrows, septum, 2 noses, sternum (that looks painful, btw), lobe stretching, 2 belly buttons... that's just the stuff they willingly show off ;)

How the hell does one get one's sternum pierced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back