Archived Overtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! I'm new in the forum, been working in Target for almost two years now. Has anyone been offered overtime at the beginning of the week, to then have your shifts removed later on in the week so you don't go over 40? This happened to me this past week and really feel tricked and cheated on. Just wondering what other people's experiences have been and if it is common practice.

They never offered it to me as overtime but yeah in my store if you get offered hours that would make you go over 40 they take or edit another of your shifts to balance it out.

Fool me once.

I bet you won't fall for this anytime soon

Has anyone been offered overtime at the beginning of the week, to then have your shifts removed later on in the week so you don't go over 40?

No one can give you overtime but your STL. STLs who don't manage overtime well often get managed out of Target. It's considered not running a team efficiently if you can't get work loads done with 40 hours. In theory a store should have enough good team members they don't need the team to hit overtime except for fourth quarter.

I'm not complaining at all about my 40 hours! I struggled at 20 hours at some point during this year as well. OT was approved according to my ETL, and I did work a 17 hour shift to help with Inventory, backstocking all that was leftover. My point is don't offer OT at all, just say from the beginning we'll remove your Saturday shift but please come help us with the backstock. Offering OT and then removing shifts to not give the OT later on during the week is sneaky and doesn't show a lot of appreciation, this is my personal opinion tho.

Yeah it is sneaky and I have seen my store do it before. They only did it once to me, but they didn't remove a shift, they just asked nicely for me to cut it. And since it was an SFS shift, I didn't really have much I could cut and I ended up keeping most of the OT. Others weren't as lucky.

Yeah I also do SFS from time to time, but my last shift of the week was an afternoon shift for backroom, so I guess they had other people to cover. I just started this thread to see other people's experiences, and glad to see I'm not alone. During this past year and a half I've tried to be global, working with plano, SFS, backroom, and other teams and it sucks to be stuck in a situation like this where you don't know what to think.

It sucks, but at the end of the day you still got your 40 hours and an extra day off later in the week.

If you're trained on SFS, I'm sure you already know there will be more opportunities for OT later in the year...

I love how hectic it gets and the insane paychecks I bring home.

We had a group level logistics guy (not sure of his title) babysitting us last year because of how bad our situation was. This guy is one of the hardest workers I've ever met, plus he treated ETLs and TMs like they were on the same level which was pretty cool ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back