Archived Overtime and punch corrections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently missed an out punch on a sunday.The shift I needed to correct would have been overtime.The pay period ended the following monday and the punch was corrected on tuesday.My question is...will the punch I had to correct (8 hours of overtime) still be counted as overtime when I get paid for it on the next paycheck?

The work week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday. So, if you missed a punch this past Sunday, that is the first day of the current pay period and wouldn't be OT. If you work overnights, the pay period still ends at midnight on Saturday, so any hours worked after that fall onto a different pay period.

I'm sorry, I meant I missed a punch on saturday and corrected it after the new pay period started.

Don't make a habit of it though. Everyone at my store gets written up for hitting OT, even if it's a missing punch. My Regional VP is cracking down hard on OT and missed punches OT still populate in their OT reports.

that’s dumb tho, who cares as long as it’s fixed before it’s paid out?

Because it still shows on the daily OT report and that's the only thing the RVP looks at. They don't call up each store and ask the STL why Sally had OT. They see the report and they ream the STL for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back