Archived Paranoid Guests

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that you said mansplaining automatically makes me think you were in the wrong.
giphy.gif

The fuck is mansplaining? Someone mansplain it to me.

The fuck is mansplaining? Someone mansplain it to me.

I believe it starts with an explanation of blue collar, farm work and/or military service and 'confirmed kills' followed by a general dressing down of everything wrong with 'the system' at Target with a lot of use of the words 'son', 'boy', 'child' or 'young lady' in order to make the person being spoken to feel devalued and to further strengthen the perceived seniority and manliness of the person doing the 'mansplaining'.

Mansplaining? Is that what you're talking about?
When a boy/man talks down to a girl/woman about something they think she knows nothing about, explaining it as if they were talking to a child or lower life form.

I believe it starts with an explanation of blue collar, farm work and/or military service and 'confirmed kills' followed by a general dressing down of everything wrong with 'the system' at Target with a lot of use of the words 'son', 'boy', 'child' or 'young lady' in order to make the person being spoken to feel devalued and to further strengthen the perceived seniority and manliness of the person doing the 'mansplaining'.

Ah, that's entirely different than what i would have guessed. I knew it was "explaining" but I thought about...like...mens issues or something. Lol.

Can ladies femsplain?

I despise guests that go off on TMs, who make near minimum wage and shouldn't have to put up with these people. I love being the TL that gets called to diffuse the situation, take the TMs side and completely enrage the guest. Like calling over a manager allows you to get whatever you want.
With the Target culture being making the guest happy, there are those who will act this way because they will get a positive response from Target.

I'm very lucky that in my store almost all TLs trust us and will back us up when we say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back