Archived Parking Lot Antics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanzano

GSTL
So what kind of crazy crap has happened in your guys' parking lots?

The other day, my GSA was on Cart hours out in the parking lot and he tells me a guest complained and was extremely mad about another person parking very close to her. She could still back out without damaging the car and there was no damage done to her own car, but she was insanely made and asked for my GSA friend to call the other guest's license plate over the walkies. Of course he refused and instead offered the team's assistance in the case that the guy showed up...but of course there was no telling how long that'd be. About an hour later...the man who'd parked the car close comes to us. The lady had stolen his windshield wipers and wrote, "F YOU A-HOLE" (Non-censored :p) as a note on his windshield. Sooo he was talking with our STL and AP for a while, of course everything was on camera and I'd assume they filed a police report from there.

I almost got jumped by some p*ssy gang thats in the area, and so did my friend.

I was leaving once and i had a REALLY bad day, i guess a guest saw me leaving and get into my car and drive off, well i turned and i drove in front of the store and i had my windows rolled down, the guest started screaming that i shouldnt be leaving, and that how i still have a job to do and that there are still carts all over the parking lot (I am not a cart attendant by the way)...then he demands that i go get him a cart, i rolled down my window all the way and told him to go f**k himself and i drove off.

This one is my favorite... i came in at 4am one day for a normal shift, i came in kind of early so i was the only one in the parking lot, and there was on one in the store yet. So im just chillin in my car listening to music, and all of the sudden, this guy comes up to my car and tells me to roll down my window...(im thinking holy sh*t im going to get robbed right now because my stores in a bad neighborhood) so i role it down with my box cutter in my hand, and he tells me that some truck parked over at the far end of the parking lot, and dragged one of the metal cart racks across the parking lot and took off the sign. he points me to the cart rack and that thing is completely destroyed! and was dragged all the way down the parking lot. I was like WTF? and he pointed me to a piece of the sign that came off...it turns out this guy is one of those guys that clean the shopping centers at night. So when our ETL AP comes in i tell him what happened, and we go watch the footage...the people in this truck were robbing this 7/11 next to target, and when they took off they split a parking block in half, and started going out of control, pushed the cart rack all the way down the parking lot, and almost hit the guy cleaning the parking lot! the best part is... not even a minute after they leave the shopping center, i pull in and park in front of the store, lol! it happened within a minute that i got there.

Last edited:
I almost got jumped by some p*ssy gang thats in the area, and so did my friend.

I was leaving once and i had a REALLY bad day, i guess a guest saw me leaving and get into my car and drive off, well i turned and i drove in front of the store and i had my windows rolled down, the guest started screaming that i shouldnt be leaving, and that how i still have a job to do and that there are still carts all over the parking lot (I am not a cart attendant by the way)...then he demands that i go get him a cart, i rolled down my window all the way and told him to go f**k himself and i drove off.

This one is my favorite... i came in at 4am one day for a normal shift, i came in kind of early so i was the only one in the parking lot, and there was on one in the store yet. So im just chillin in my car listening to music, and all of the sudden, this guy comes up to my car and tells me to roll down my window...(im thinking holy sh*t im going to get robbed right now because my stores in a bad neighborhood) so i role it down with my box cutter in my hand, and he tells me that some truck parked over at the far end of the parking lot, and dragged one of the metal cart racks across the parking lot and took off the sign. he points me to the cart rack and that thing is completely destroyed! and was dragged all the way down the parking lot. I was like WTF? and he pointed me to a piece of the sign that came off...it turns out this guy is one of those guys that clean the shopping centers at night. So when our ETL AP comes in i tell him what happened, and we go watch the footage...the people in this truck were robbing this 7/11 next to target, and when they took off they split a parking block in half, and started going out of control, pushed the cart rack all the way down the parking lot, and almost hit the guy cleaning the parking lot! the best part is... not even a minute after they leave the shopping center, i pull in and park in front of the store, lol! it happened within a minute that i got there.

Wow!

We got the angry dad whose daughter came home with a banged-up car. She told daddy that it "happened while she was shopping at Target" so daddy was demanding to see some security video & charge the b*****s who hit his little girl's car.
He was NOT happy when AP said that her car wasn't in the lot during the time frame she gave nor could she produce a receipt to verify that she even came there.
I'm sure the ride home was real fun.

Other than finding dirty baby diapers and people hotboxing their car (in a parking lot of a super target? that's almost as bad as two guys being busted for shooting heroin in the parking lot of a police station!), nothing of that sort here.

There was a story at one of my stores where a guy apparently walked up to a mother and children. And started talking to them like he knew them. In reality, he didn't. Making compliments to the children. The mother made a report to the store. AP found the video of the guy entering and leaving the lot in his car. And report to the Cart Attendant to be on the look out for the car when he was in the lot. Apparently the guy had been known to hang around the kids clothing areas, and was asked to leave on several occasions.

Next weekend, the guy came back and CA reported the guy was back. He was walking around the parking lot and returned to his car within a couple hours. AP called the police to update them. When the police showed up only to find the guy was having a private moment with himself.

our best one was the guy who lost his car keys down a grate and decided to be a superman and move the grate to retrieve his keys. Moved the grate all right, right into the hole. We were without about 6 prime parking spaces for almost a week while the equipment needed was located and used. Best part? Still didn't get his keys.

There was one night I had to be impromptu Cart attendant (closing one was a minor so left before store closed). Went out to gather the rest of the carts, we were still open and had several people tell me that I was "too pretty to be out here gathering carts" and that they were "going to complain to the manager" and I'm just like um, ok? Sorry that I'm a petite female who was the only one who could handle going out and getting the straggler carts tonight?

There was one night I had to be impromptu Cart attendant (closing one was a minor so left before store closed). Went out to gather the rest of the carts, we were still open and had several people tell me that I was "too pretty to be out here gathering carts" and that they were "going to complain to the manager" and I'm just like um, ok? Sorry that I'm a petite female who was the only one who could handle going out and getting the straggler carts tonight?

Lol wow, that sucks. I'm sorry.

Last edited:
I've had a guest walk INTO my car because she was texting and not watching where she was going. Fortunately, I had stopped because she was walking down the MIDDLE of the aisle and I couldn't get around her. She then proceeded to scream at ME about "watching where I was going" and tried to go back into the store to file a complaint about "being hit in the parking lot". She put on a big show....limping and crying. What she didn't realize is that the CA & another TM saw the whole thing and verified that I was NOT moving at the time and SHE ran into ME! Needless to say, she didn't get very far with her complaint (especially when the STL watched the tape and saw what REALLY happened...).

Lol wow, that sucks. I'm sorry.

Eh, it happens. I'm used to getting stuck with the odd jobs. Basically the TL that night just didn't trust anyone else to go out and do it/I was the farthest in my zone. Got a free pop out of it. And now everyone always jokes about me being CA when we need one. And I basically tell them unless it's almost closing time, no. Because I need space or I will hit someones car. Gained a new respect for our CAs that night though, let me tell you.

We had a tm walk out the front door of the store and was sideswiped by a car, knocking her to the ground. She wasn't hurt, but wanted to press charges against the driver for hit and run.

Guess what? AP SAID they didn't have it on tape. They NEVER have tape of a tm car being stolen, broken into or hit. .......yeah right.

Someone from AP want to explain why?

We had a tm walk out the front door of the store and was sideswiped by a car, knocking her to the ground. She wasn't hurt, but wanted to press charges against the driver for hit and run.

Guess what? AP SAID they didn't have it on tape. They NEVER have tape of a tm car being stolen, broken into or hit. .......yeah right.

Take a guess.

I know a guy who used to work at Targets Forensic Lab, and he would collect and analyze surveillance footage from stores. And if Target's can post video of deer running through stores on Youtube, and cars crashing into stores. Trust me there is video.

Take a guess.

sad.

This lady came over to guest service all freaked out. She told the GSTM that her car had been stolen. She was absolutely sure of it and wanted to file a report.
She spoke with AP and the LOD. The police were already on their way, when she came back into the store and said "oh I actually found my car. I parked on the other side!"

This lady came over to guest service all freaked out. She told the GSTM that her car had been stolen. She was absolutely sure of it and wanted to file a report.
She spoke with AP and the LOD. The police were already on their way, when she came back into the store and said "oh I actually found my car. I parked on the other side!"

She shouldn't be allowed to drive.

I was riding my bike home from work and a woman was in such a hurry to get into a parking space that she came within inches of hitting me.
I stopped my bike and stood there looking at her for about five minutes and she wouldn't get out of her car, even locked the doors.
So finally I took off.
The next day I heard from the TM at guest services that she complained about being threatened by a man on a bicycle in the parking lot.
Never said a word to her, she never gave me a chance.

Our parking lot cameras are worthless....there are so many "dead spots". Guess where the "biggest" one is? Right outside the green side doors!!!!

*this is the situation at my store....

Oh, I once had a guest accuse me of sideswiping their car and berated me until I started crying in front of the TPS, GSTL, mall security AND the police. That was fun.

My favorite though, came during the holidays in 2008. I was driving a 1989 Oldsmobile that was on its last legs. I swear, that car had everything go wrong with it that year - dying randomly, clogged fuel lines (which made accelerating fun), locking itself, power steering going out...just to name a few. My dad had the horn disconnected a few years earlier since it wouldn't stop going off, but then realized that we should connect it again, so we did...I came out after closing (around midnight) to find a note from mall security on my windshield that said,

"To Whom It May Concern:
Your car horn keeps going off randomly. We suggest you get it looked at.

Sincerely, *Name of Mall* Security"

Um, no kidding?

I do CA shifts one night a week, and I was outside getting all the carts in for the night when I noticed some sketchy guy in a black hoodie in the back (unlit) corner of the lot.. Pretty sure he was shooting heroin. But anyway, he saw me looking over at him and staggered over and offered to help push carts. I told him I was fine doing it by myself "Oh I have the cart pusher, it does all the real work for me, thanks though." But apparently he didn't like that because he grabbed a row of 4 or 5 carts out of my hands and tried putting them on the cart pusher. He obviously couldn't do it because he was so intoxicated, but when I told him he could just leave them and I'd get them put away he completely lost it and started screaming at me and waving his fists around and shit. Luckily our AP-ETL (who looks scary as all f*ck if you don't know her, might I add) was coming outside for a smoke break and saw him freaking out. She scared him off pretty fast.

The other day i witnessed some guy getting yelled at by his chick, i guess she caught him at work with some other chick, lmao...cheaters never win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back