Archived Pay in other states

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking on moving cross country next year, and I was wondering how much Target pays in some other regions in the States. Whats a starting pay for a TM and a TL at your store and what State or metro area/region is that?

At my store is 9.5, and 13.75 for TL, and I'm from metro NYC area. I know that store in Manhattan is 10.5 for TMs, sounds like that is highest u can get at Target.

Don't move down south. At my store you start out at 7.50 and you will get pidgeonholed into cashiering.

I didn't think pay changed when you transferred stores. Well, maybe it just increases based on the competitive pay for that region. I'd partner with your etl-HR or call TMSC

I've been in hr for quite a few years. Pay can change when you transfer depending on whether the next stores base pay.

Suburban Minnesota is like 7.75 starting :(

It really matters on the cost of living for the area around the store. I first worked at a store in an upscale suburb in Tennessee with country music stars, NFL players, lawyers, doctors.... Starting wage there was $8.00. You go to the other stores in the district and their starting wages were $6-$7.

bulSBI, does make a valid point concerning cost of living for that area. We had an ETL-LOG transfer here (mid-south) from California. He was making more than our STL was. I would think TM & TL would be very similar in that respect. I think our starting pay is about $7.50 as well for TMs.

I'm in Southern California and my stores starting pay is $8.25

It really does depend on the area you live in. If you live in an area where things are expensive, you get paid a bit more, if you live somewhere say in the country side, it goes down because the cost of living also goes down.

I have to keep my location as vague as possible because there are only a few stores up here. I'm close to Canada in what could be considered a rural region. Our store starts at $8.00 which to me seems high because nothing here is really that expensive, but i'm not complaining.

When I started at my store here in TX the starting rate was $7.50, supposedly it's gone up to $7.75. Cost of living is also a lost less down south though.

Up North, somewhere in the neighborhood of Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota.. gotta be a little vague since TGTs are a little sparse up here is 8/hr, 11/hr for TL

Minneapolis area starting pay is min. wage which is $7.50. I think TL's make $9.

In Missouri I was hired (but never accepted) a seasonal position while in college. Min. wage there is $6.75 I believe. So I can't imagine TL's make out well there. But cost of living in MO is lower than in MN.

They told me if I transfer to some other store for the some position, my paycheck is going to be the same. :)

Seasonal TM also in Texas at $7.50. It is still the same as what I was offered for a seasonal position in 2008.

North central east coast... My store starts at 675. Also worked at Super T in Fl that started cashiers at 9

The store I worked at in West Suburbs of Minneapolis was 7.75... New store is 8.25 in an area with a lower cost of living, but, way more entry level job opportunities so they have to be a little more competitive. I'd tell you where my new store is but here I can't say since they are spaced out every hundred miles or so, they just pop up in every city with a population over 20,000 which isn't terribly common here in a state with a population under 1,000,000...

I found it funny when a previous roommate of mine who worked at WalMart told me that cashiers there start at 9.00!

Well I guess it would depend on what part of the country you are wanting to go. Target has stores in every state in the country, including Alaska and Hawaii (and now Canada)
I'm thinking on moving cross country next year, and I was wondering how much Target pays in some other regions in the States. Whats a starting pay for a TM and a TL at your store and what State or metro area/region is that?

At my store is 9.5, and 13.75 for TL, and I'm from metro NYC area. I know that store in Manhattan is 10.5 for TMs, sounds like that is highest u can get at Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back