Archived Pay Increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently our stores base pay, atleast for flow, is $11, plus a $1 shift differential. I was told that since our states minimum wage went up on 12/31 that'd I now would be making $11.75, plus the $1 extra, making my total $12.75 per hour. Not bad, and expected to increase until our state is at $15 minimum. I'm guessing Target would be $1 over this, plus an additional $1 overnight differential. $17 an hour for putting stuff on shelves isn't bad at all :)

Sounds good, but hopefully taxes/prices of merch isn't ridiculous.

Yeah or cost of living. We have a base of 14 right now but its so expensive to live here you dont come out that far ahead.

Yeah or cost of living. We have a base of 14 right now but its so expensive to live here you dont come out that far ahead.

Do all stores in your state start at $14 or just your store due to it's area and cost of living? What is your state's minimum wage?

Do all stores in your state start at $14 or just your store due to it's area and cost of living? What is your state's minimum wage?

State is 9.47 moving towards 15. My group/area starts at 14 trending towards 15 by 2018

When it hits 15 an hour I picture Target running on the smallest crews possible.
Agreed. People might get 15 but payroll budget will still be the same total which equals less crew and less hours so no more real pay. And in turn evn less people on salesfloor to drive sales equals less revenue and then more hour cuts.

and my state will still be at 7.25 per hour .... wtf !!

Agreed. People might get 15 but payroll budget will still be the same total which equals less crew and less hours so no more real pay. And in turn evn less people on salesfloor to drive sales equals less revenue and then more hour cuts.

Thats actually not how it works, payroll is allocated based on hours not a set number of hours. Otherwise TLs would get less hours than TMs since they make more.

How some stores can support higher wages is higher prices. My store sells Old Spice deoderant 20 cents lower than the one closest to my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back