Archived Paycheck Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try not to make this so in-detailed. But last 2 Fridays ago, I recived my first paycheck. I haven't thought much about it, when I showed someone, and they noticed that I have "S/M-2 INC" which are nothing. At first I thought she's being exaggerated that they put it there by mistake. I just thought it's those meaningless displays like the Human Resource stuff that they put there to show info. credits or something that is supposed to be estimated.

So, someone helped me out, and I everything is covered, and I pretty much thought I was done with everything about that. But I came and went, and I have this same exact paycheck again. IMG_0489.JPG
I dunno, even though it says nothing, with me being Single "or" married, I'm trying to be careful on not doing anything more than harming my financial-well being. (Haha I know) I tried on calling HROC today, but they're closed. One person from HR where I had gotten my check, (which I thought they deposited, but turns out, I have to wait for a month or so) said that they will double check, but I need a lot of help on my taxes. (which I do not think that telling people in this forum might be a good idea)

So, I dunno, I'm pretty much in a loop with this.

Whatever it is, it's tied to your state exemptions. The first 0 is how many exemptions you're claiming, and the $0 is how much extra state tax you want deducted from your check. So that means that you are claiming 0 exemptions and having no extra tax removed for state taxes. As long as enough tax is being deducted from your paycheck to cover your required tax payment at the end of the year, you should be fine. If you owe a significant amount of money at the end, this is how you can adjust so that more money is taken out of each check through the year to reduce that bill in April.

My checks say "NA" instead of that code. My state doesn't change the tax rate based on whether you file single or married. So I assume that the "S/M-2 Inc" code is a reference to the filing status you put on your W-4 form as identified by your state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back