Archived Pda Question??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I did that reboot with the battery halfway out and it reset!!!!!! Thank you soooo much!!! Finally fixed my gun im so happy :)

Also today i tried the ctrl circle while not in rf apps and the menu came up like you said! I didnt find any use for it. But i did find out how to get the internet. It wont work sadly. I get a dns error. Is that the only thing you can do with the pda??

I'll have to try that reset in the cradle. I'd do anything to avoid sending those things out. Looks like some of you guys are in stores with pretty bad Equipment control, I was in a store like that, then I fixed it. I like to say it was for the Team, but it was really for myself. Haha. If you have Team Leads and the like breaking rules they expect TM's to follow, challenge them, I had the same issue at my store with the Equipment. When I started challenging the Leadership things got much better, when they started following the rules and pushing them, the rest of the team did. Being only a TM, having the Leadership on my side has helped out quite a bit, threats of coaching and stuff seemed to sink in after awhile.

Um, before you try the reset in the cradle, I need to emphasize that it is NOT A QUICK RESET. It's a full reset and reinstall that takes forever-and-a-half to do. You should find and/or check your PDA instruction manual for more information on how to do this, as it has been a long time since I did it (our PDA's are working or physically broken in half).

Well I have no other option, the software on the PDA's won't load at all. I'm in school for IT, so I know what these things mean, I am not just screwing around. I don't however know how to do a full reinstall at the store level, can my mobile support handle that? I attempted to try the cradle reset, but it would load into that mode, I forget the acronym now, but immediately attempt to boot again. I could not get it to stay in that mode. All the information on the PDA's is so amateurish, even the CSC just said to send them in. I know that a full reinstall will take awhile, but it will take a heck of a lot less time than going through all the hoops that exist at my store to get ANYTHING sent in quickly.

That's what My mobile support does, it reloads the pda with the latest os from a repo. everytime HQ rolls out a software update, they push an updated OS to this repo. and the acronym you are looking for is IPL mode. I forget what it is but there's a certain key combo you can use to get it into IPL when you reboot.

That's what My mobile support does, it reloads the pda with the latest os from a repo. everytime HQ rolls out a software update, they push an updated OS to this repo. and the acronym you are looking for is IPL mode. I forget what it is but there's a certain key combo you can use to get it into IPL when you reboot.

Thats what I figured, I knew that for My mobile support to do what it did, it had to put the PDA into some mode. However, given that the PDA won't even boot, that mode could not be loaded up, and I needed to know how to do it manually. Why can't the CSC just tell me that?

Hardlinesmaster, isn;t 1-9 Power for the LPDA's?

I agree. The new update was horrible. It bricked two PDAs and 3 access points in my Pfresh walk ins.
Anyway, my store has a very poor equipment control problem.(who doesn't) we have an open TSC not a closed one so team members come and go as they please. The locker is usually unlocked so walks and PDAs just disappear. Some sign out most don't. What ways have you all solved or helped this issue? ( I love the gift card idea )

Lock it up with login sheet & gstl/lod/hr access to it. Then have your etl's/tl's enforce bp! We did & it is working finally!

IPL Mode was a no go, got it into that mode, and got the PC to recognize the device, but not My mobile support. BTW, 9-1-Power is only LPDA's like I thought. IPL Mode on the PDA's is a restart holding the Power-Trigger and putting in the battery, letting go of power and docking while still holding the Trigger.

No hr at night. Gstl is usuAlly closer to tsc, then lod in backroom checking in a truck. The key is kept with other keys used on the sf.

Lock it up with login sheet & gstl/lod/hr access to it. Then have your etl's/tl's enforce bp! We did & it is working finally!

I would loveto assist in enforcing BP but my ETLs stay with it for about a week and then lose patience. Good example is the fixture room.. The BR TL did an ON and totally cleaned it. The room was then locked with access to only ETLs. It was constantly a pain to open the door all the time so the ETLs lost their patience and the room is now a mess again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back