Perfect sort (inbound)

40+ shit that’s a lot. All I have is mini but it’s all backstock. They way I had it when it came off the truck it went straight to backstock mostly just blue since I started setting green and the trees first .
However I planned Christmas 3 months ahead cleared the spots to where it would be all back stocked .

The key to big transitions Is always to plan ahead . You can’t just wait until the freight starts coming in because then you end up with pallets And no place to go. Just like like with the too toys signing. I had my Tl for toys putting his risers up , as well as home and seasonal . All the space for backstock was made 3 months ago , once freight started coming in , it went straight to backstock. The only think I allowed in the steal was the trees 🌲 but even that only if they had enough to make a bulk pallets

We have the room for some but definitely not all and we can set some aisles but not all as we are sitting on about 10 aisles of costumes that nobody is shopping for and mini seasonal we might have one aisle we can set. Halloween decorations is 90% empty.

We have the room for some but definitely not all and we can set some aisles but not all as we are sitting on about 10 aisles of costumes that nobody is shopping for and mini seasonal we might have one aisle we can set. Halloween decorations is 90% empty.
The goal is to condense everything towards mini . Use some t-frames for costumes also get with style Etl to get costumes in their area . Of course if you gonna do that you want to make it where it has sense and not just start dumping it everywhere. Like all the pets costumes were selling better in pets. I took adult costumes for men’s and made a t-frame right in front of men’s not on the racetrack tho, same thing with kids costumes so forth and so on.

No boxes on the ground or transition on pallets? What next level insanity is this. How do you get a team to be that efficient.
So, what about Xmas trees? or any other huge items that are in transition?

ETA: nevermind. Not all things can be set early. Target would have to change it's clearance strategy.

Return, zone and their one for one
When are you acknowledging that first trailer then? If you aren't doing it until the unload team comes in at 6, then wouldn't you be making one for ones bigger for market and P1 while also having to backstock more coming off the truck? But, if you're acknowledging at 4 without starting the unload for another couple of hours, you're potentially screwing over fulfillment, especially as we get into Q4 with high demand toys and tech.

Sometimes I get product so early that it doesn't have a POG attached to it yet. Or the strips aren't in yet.

We don't have the man hours or the u-boats to unload 2 trucks in less than 4.5 hours. We also don't have the space to store a ton of extra u-boats.

When are you acknowledging that first trailer then? If you aren't doing it until the unload team comes in at 6, then wouldn't you be making one for ones bigger for market and P1 while also having to backstock more coming off the truck? But, if you're acknowledging at 4 without starting the unload for another couple of hours, you're potentially screwing over fulfillment, especially as we get into Q4 with high demand toys and tech.
Everyone had that question before . One for one are no longer counted in the trailer . With Myday the one for one is already there when they come in at 4. Since it drops thru out the day. Trailer gets acknowledged at 6. Fulfillment doesn’t get affected in that way.i actually made it easier for flex by doing 2 trucks at the same time.

So, what about Xmas trees? or any other huge items that are in transition?

ETA: nevermind. Not all things can be set early. Target would have to change it's clearance strategy.
Christmas tree at my store goes under the table . I have 2 rows of tables. I removed those aisles first

If setting early - what about all the clearance and d-code? I am thinking areas like stationary and toys and E/E would be a hot mess.

If setting early - what about all the clearance and d-code? I am thinking areas like stationary and toys and E/E would be a hot mess.
Stat really sucked this year with all the markdown later so it’s understandable that some is just gonna go salvage. But so far I haven’t had any issues with toys or e/e .

What about bulk paper, chem, and diapers? We don’t have enough vehicles to handle the flood of products we will sometimes receive. Or plastics?

How do you set early with no payroll? Sometimes the DBOs get 4 hour shifts. And SFS blows up and requires help.

Back