Perfect sort (inbound)

Is this process being considered for different types of stores? I noticed you mention you’re r in a very high volume one. I’ve only worked mid volume P-Fresh and S-Targets. From what I can understand, it should be applicable to the processes I’ve seen at those types of stores. I’m still curious though. I also heard some S-Targets have GM issues due to payroll or something.
That is correct , I’m a high volume store. We knew the process would be perfect for stores that get single truck , the idea was to see if it would work for stores that get doubles everyday and triples . And it does , so now it’s spreading like wildfire 😆

So when it's a few boxes of transition I've always sent them to the uboat. Just as easy for dbo to handle but large transactions we've palletized in part because it's pre-tied. My understanding is if it's pre-tied once it ties sfq will update based on pog stated capacity. How is this being handled and is the thought being to bring back pog team?

So when it's a few boxes of transition I've always sent them to the uboat. Just as easy for dbo to handle but large transactions we've palletized in part because it's pre-tied. My understanding is if it's pre-tied once it ties sfq will update based on pog stated capacity. How is this being handled and is the thought being to bring back pog team?
I think what he’s getting at - is the key is to set transitions early so that when freight rolls in, the team can push it straight to the floor

I'm a firm believer in setting early (work smarter not harder) but there are times in which we can't. Take H&H as an example. I haven't seen many pc that would allow us to set early. Having p2 starting earlier would be a dream! 4am double and p2 is scheduled at 9! Doesn't make much sense to me. I am also a believer that pallets are not your friends! Lol

Everyone got hit with h&h transition , even if it’s not set but pre-tie best practice is to backstock . You can’t forget about flex fill. Having pallets in the eyes will create loss in marching when opu inf,, other guest will continue to order from that pallet . If you have it backstock when you set is the job of who sets it to pull and stock. H&h transition is not under plano workload is under tm therefore the to, dbo and the Vmg should Olán and figure that out.

Wasn’t easy . I’ve always been the only female off-site leader, than Backroom , then inbound and now Etl log. I love my job I love a challenge 😎 . And thank you

Most of my ETL-logs over the years have been female. And the male ones never really embraced the logistics part of their title, though my current one is trying.... sometimes. It takes a lot of understanding of how all the cogs work together to pull off an efficient process. Not everyone has the mind to execute it. And you definitely do!!

Most of my ETL-logs over the years have been female. And the male ones never really embraced the logistics part of their title, though my current one is trying.... sometimes. It takes a lot of understanding of how all the cogs work together to pull off an efficient process. Not everyone has the mind to execute it. And you definitely do!!
Thank you. However I wouldn’t be where I am without my team, my team has been great and over the past few months they have been resilient and adaptable and at the same time came up with great ideas themselves. And then there is my SD who really is not telling me what to do instead is expecting me to know what he wants which thus far I’ve been able to “read “ his mind as he says. He is not trying to make me be the best but be better and i appreciate someone who believes in me enough to not question my decisions.

Thank you. However I wouldn’t be where I am without my team, my team has been great and over the past few months they have been resilient and adaptable and at the same time came up with great ideas themselves. And then there is my SD who really is not telling me what to do instead is expecting me to know what he wants which thus far I’ve been able to “read “ his mind as he says. He is not trying to make me be the best but be better and i appreciate someone who believes in me enough to not question my decisions.

Oh, I totally agree the team you have also makes all the difference! They have to be adaptable and willing to adjust/trust the process. I tend to be a questioner....but only because I want to know the 'whys'. Great leaders are the ones who do instead of saying "because I said so."

Oh, I totally agree the team you have also makes all the difference! They have to be adaptable and willing to adjust/trust the process. I tend to be a questioner....but only because I want to know the 'whys'. Great leaders are the ones who do instead of saying "because I said so."
If you don’t know the whys , you won’t be able to understand it. Not everything that I have done was something that I like, however when the whys were explained to me I was like ohh yeah makes sense , or I’m not sure is gonna work but will give it a shot.

@allnew2 how are you handling the want of limited items in the backroom? "Ladderless" backroom. It feels like each district is doing it's own thing. One minute it's a priority to get everything out flex! Flex! Flex! And the next it's stop flexing. Yes if we set ahead it's not much of an issue but price change schedule doesn't always allow for that to happen. I just want to be ready with a plan when this shoe gets dropped in my area! ol

Are they really DBOs if you're using them to push whatever is bulk or heavy on the Greenfield report? Aren't they just pushers at this point? Similar to old school days only on uboats not pallets.

@allnew2 how are you handling the want of limited items in the backroom? "Ladderless" backroom. It feels like each district is doing it's own thing. One minute it's a priority to get everything out flex! Flex! Flex! And the next it's stop flexing. Yes if we set ahead it's not much of an issue but price change schedule doesn't always allow for that to happen. I just want to be ready with a plan when this shoe gets dropped in my area! ol
Well it’s hard for you because you don’t have an off-site . That’s how I deal with my excess freight .

Are they really DBOs if you're using them to push whatever is bulk or heavy on the Greenfield report? Aren't they just pushers at this point? Similar to old school days only on uboats not pallets.
I’m not using the dbos . I’m using inbound Yo push the bulk heavy workload as well as my one p2 pusher that is an inbound tm scheduled just to push p2. Dbos are doing their routines

You mentioned you guys set early. How early do you set your transitions? I’m getting push back on it only supposed to be two weeks in advance.

1hr unload?! I got a thrower, 3 P1, 2 A&A, and myself covering P2. It takes at least 2-3hrs because A&A is ridiculous and I have to keep two TMs sorting while unloading

Back