Archived Personal holiday and vacation hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the rule about using personal hours or vacation hours? I know we used to be able to just cash out sick hours, but I’m told we can’t anymore. I’m wondering if we can cash out vacation hours? Or even personal holiday? What sucks about using the sick hours is that I NEVER miss work when I’m scheduled. I’m told that’s the only way to use those and boy are my sick hours adding up. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Does anyone know the rule about using personal hours or vacation hours? I know we used to be able to just cash out sick hours, but I’m told we can’t anymore. I’m wondering if we can cash out vacation hours? Or even personal holiday? What sucks about using the sick hours is that I NEVER miss work when I’m scheduled. I’m told that’s the only way to use those and boy are my sick hours adding up. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I’m in the same boat. When I comes to sick, i was told it could only be used when you call out. Regarding vacation/personal hours, I’ve been using mine when I’ve been scheduled under my average hours. My HR said you can go back up to a year to do so.

Thanks for responding. Yes my hr is great at letting me supplement my paycheck with vacation to bring to average hours. I am a TL and some weeks I will cut my hours to give them to my team. In this case I really just want to cash them out. Can’t find anyone who has a direct answer. Only reason I’m asking here is because I’m not scheduled until Friday and i don’t want to drive to work and fill out the form if it’s not possible to cash out.

Thanks for responding. Yes my hr is great at letting me supplement my paycheck with vacation to bring to average hours. I am a TL and some weeks I will cut my hours to give them to my team. In this case I really just want to cash them out. Can’t find anyone who has a direct answer. Only reason I’m asking here is because I’m not scheduled until Friday and i don’t want to drive to work and fill out the form if it’s not possible to cash out.
ASANTS. Our HR TM has slips of paper where we can use sick pay up to our average weekly hours. You can only accumalate so much until you are at your max. So might as well use it.

you... can’t.... call? The store? To find out? The only options are to deive there or wait like 4 days?
Do this.
Call the store and see if it’s possible, if it is, you can drive to work and fill out a form or something.

you... can’t.... call? The store? To find out? The only options are to deive there or wait like 4 days?
Do this.
Call the store and see if it’s possible, if it is, you can drive to work and fill out a form or something.
Yeah so when I said I “can’t find find anyone who has a direct answer,” I meant that I searched the forums on this site, reached out to some peers via text, called the store but no one in HR was there (which I expected, but I tried anyway.) I live an hour away or I would just go to the store. I know the cash voucher, if I can actually cash out, takes a few days and I was hoping to get the cash by Friday. I know our etl HR is off Wednesday’s but I plan to call early in the morning when an HR TM is there. From what I understand, the HR TM went home sick today. But thanks for the suggestion. I do try and do everything myself before asking for help, in any situation.

ASANTS. Our HR TM has slips of paper where we can use sick pay up to our average weekly hours. You can only accumalate so much until you are at your max. So might as well use it.

My first choice would have been to cash out 40 sick pays hours but I was told that we no longer are allowed to unless we call out. Which I never do and it’s so annoying. I’ve done it twice before but out HR TM said that she now has to verify that it was a call out by checking the attendance detail report. Pretty frustrating.

Wow what is sickpay? This is a new concept to me at target
Some states (or even just some counties within a state, which is my case) require employers over a certain size to provide sick pay to employees regardless of status. I accrue at the rate of 0.025 hours of sick time for every hour worked, I don't know if that rate is part of the legal mandate or if that's T policy for everyone who's eligible.

Some states (or even just some counties within a state, which is my case) require employers over a certain size to provide sick pay to employees regardless of status. I accrue at the rate of 0.025 hours of sick time for every hour worked, I don't know if that rate is part of the legal mandate or if that's T policy for everyone who's eligible.
Legal mandate. For sicktime for hourly employees target gives you exactly the letter of the law, nothing more nothing less

Some states have laws that allow you to use paid leave you have including sick for medical care including preplanned doctor appointments for covered family members (even in situations that would not apply to FMLA). In many cases they also allow you to use sick for pre-planned medical and dental procedures so it isn't only for last minute unplanned sick and medical/dental emergencies. This isn't going to help you use up a lot of sick time but it can be an option to be paid and not have to do a last minute call out leaving your department short handed.

Some states have laws that allow you to use paid leave you have including sick for medical care including preplanned doctor appointments for covered family members (even in situations that would not apply to FMLA). In many cases they also allow you to use sick for pre-planned medical and dental procedures so it isn't only for last minute unplanned sick and medical/dental emergencies. This isn't going to help you use up a lot of sick time but it can be an option to be paid and not have to do a last minute call out leaving your department short handed.
Either our HR TM doesn’t know this or I am in the wrong state. I have forfeited 80 hours paid sick time nearly every year I have have worked here. HR told me the only time sick time can be used is if a tm was ON the schedule, and called OUT. No advance notice, no getting shift covered, no appointments coming up. Upon returning to work, the HR TM always asks the call-out tm if they were indeed “sick”. Many will lie, I can’t. Since I would never do a last minute call out, or lie about being sick, I have never been able to use the time. On a side note, our HR tm has some special friends that use ALL their sick time.
I’ve read many companies have CTO - Combined Time Off. They use it anyway they like: for vacations, appointments, sick time, personal time....reason doesn’t matter.
I like that MUCH better. No details/excuses/lies needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back