Archived petition about black thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
We're up to nearly 230,000 signatures.

The national news programs are reporting on this.

Walmart employees in 12 states are planning to S....go Walmart go!!

I've had several guests at my store comment on the hours for Thursday night...they can't believe that Target is really going to be open. Two of my guests specifically commented on how they w are disappointed because Target seems to value familys....so why are they opening? (Spot, are you listening? You are really killing the brand loyalty of being "family friendly.") Seems to me that we're not being "BRAND." Seems to me that we aren't caring about anything besides money.

While the petition and Walmart striking may not make a difference this year, hopefully next year all stores will close for the entire day for Thanksgiving!

I know I've heard no talk about striking at the Wally where I work.
I also expect bad things next year for Black Friday weekend. Think about it. This year, Thanksgiving is on the 22nd. That's the earliest possible date. Next year Thanksgiving will be on the 28th. That's the latest possible date and the traditional holiday shopping season will be as short as possible. Maybe they'll have "Black Friday" deals earlier on Thanksgiving Day or maybe even before Thanksgiving. If they're trying to squeeze maximum profits out of this year's long traditional holiday shopping season, there's no telling what will happen when next year's traditional holiday shopping season is almost a week shorter. Get ready. The messy storm caused by this year's sales may be minor compared to next year.
I'm sorry to be so negative but this is just the sense I get after looking at my 2013 calendar.
A lot also depends on how profitable these late night Thanksgiving night sales are. I know Walmart was packed even when I arrived for my 5 p.m. shift last year - and the sales didn't start until 10 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back