Archived PFresh Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I am currently out on leave and do not have access to Target resources, I had a question for my team leader:

Does the Pfresh assistant do any of the CNS order (push) or are they required to do any of it via their job description?

At all the stores I was trained the P FRESH assistant was responsible for the banana and fresh produce pallets of the order. At my store, my peer (the ETL Sales floor) does not allow them to push this part of the order as it is "not in their job description". Any help / answers would be appreciated!

Since I am currently out on leave and do not have access to Target resources, I had a question for my team leader:

Does the Pfresh assistant do any of the CNS order (push) or are they required to do any of it via their job description?

At all the stores I was trained the P FRESH assistant was responsible for the banana and fresh produce pallets of the order. At my store, my peer (the ETL Sales floor) does not allow them to push this part of the order as it is "not in their job description". Any help / answers would be appreciated!

As a PA (A Sales Floor Position) although I think of it more of a Sales Floor/Logistics hybrid I think it would depend on what time of day your store receives the Food Truck. We get ours at about 4am, so in order to do this I would have to spend half of my time (Sales Floor Hours) in the store when we aren't even open. I would love to personally push out the Produce from our Food Trucks, and have personally volunteered to, to my ETL-Log, although I almost knew for a fact that my ETL-SF would not have any of it.

As a PA (A Sales Floor Position) although I think of it more of a Sales Floor/Logistics hybrid I think it would depend on what time of day your store receives the Food Truck. We get ours at about 4am, so in order to do this I would have to spend half of my time (Sales Floor Hours) in the store when we aren't even open. I would love to personally push out the Produce from our Food Trucks, and have personally volunteered to, to my ETL-Log, although I almost knew for a fact that my ETL-SF would not have any of it.

We actually receive our PFRESH trucks at 10am and push 11am-3pm. So it sounds like you are a total team player. I would like to see the PA push all the produce and bananas while the logistics team pushes dairy, frozen, and backstocks.

So from what you are saying, if I am correct, the PA is not responsible for any of the CNS push.

All teams should pushing everything to fill all areas. Produce is important, depending on your store, it's the first you see. It should be empty, but full of something.
If you are on loa, you need to get well, first.

We actually receive our PFRESH trucks at 10am and push 11am-3pm. So it sounds like you are a total team player. I would like to see the PA push all the produce and bananas while the logistics team pushes dairy, frozen, and backstocks.

So from what you are saying, if I am correct, the PA is not responsible for any of the CNS push.

All stores are not the same, I can tell you that unless I have a few Sales Planners to do I would be more than eager to help out, as I love showing the Flow team some market hustle. I can understand, especially these days, if a PA would find it hard to actually help out, without sacrificing part of their own workload.

Sadly when I do push Food Truck with flow, it is the only "Team" atmosphere I get when I work here, as usually I am alone.

I'm pretty sure it's not specifically listed as part of the PA's core roles, if that's what you're asking.
With that said, I'm a PA and I help the food truck all the time. Often even helping to backstock it.

Specifically it is not stated.

However, I also run our AD Set team on a lot of Sundays which is even farther away from my core roles, so who the hell knows what a PA does these days.

Specifically it is not stated.

However, I also run our AD Set team on a lot of Sundays which is even farther away from my core roles, so who the hell knows what a PA does these days.
That is the most frustrating thing. The PA is not fully defined it feels.

If you are a PA that "owns it" you do whatever it takes to make the dept succeed. It's frustrating as hell that enough resources aren't given to market but at least it's never boring!

It depends on your store.

My store's C&S process is as follows:

We get a pfresh truck on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Orders done on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. The truck comes anywhere from 7AM (yes this has happened before, it's very weird) to 12PM. Either way, we leave the pallets in the coolers until the overnight team* gets in. They push it overnight, and backstock it. It's how we can actually leave the pallets in the coolers. There's no backstock, save for maybe a green rack in dairy. Frozen is a whole other story. Don't talk about frozen. ANYWAYS, that's my store's process.

Before we did that though, yeah, I helped push truck. I didn't have much else to do. I typically have the department zoned to planogram and flexed for the most part.

* We have overnight for 4th quarter, but are 4AM usually.

It depends on your store.

My store's C&S process is as follows:

We get a pfresh truck on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Orders done on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. The truck comes anywhere from 7AM (yes this has happened before, it's very weird) to 12PM. Either way, we leave the pallets in the coolers until the overnight team* gets in. They push it overnight, and backstock it. It's how we can actually leave the pallets in the coolers. There's no backstock, save for maybe a green rack in dairy. Frozen is a whole other story. Don't talk about frozen. ANYWAYS, that's my store's process.

Before we did that though, yeah, I helped push truck. I didn't have much else to do. I typically have the department zoned to planogram and flexed for the most part.

* We have overnight for 4th quarter, but are 4AM usually.

Frozen backstocking is our biggest issue as well. We have 3 people for four hours. How do you do it? Is it the full overnight team.

Frozen backstocking is our biggest issue as well. We have 3 people for four hours. How do you do it? Is it the full overnight team.

Nah, we have like 4-5 people for pfresh.

It was difficult getting past the bump of what we already had in the backroom, the backstock that still needed to be done + the truck, but once we got it done for the coolers, it was easy going.

If only they would fucking blitz the freezer.

So my store is completely ASANTS, as we still fully staff market at the direction of our DTL. When I stepped away we got truck tues/thurs/sat and ordered tues/thurs/sun. I have an opener who does the cull, SDA, autofills for produce/meat, and fluffs all day. I have a closer who zones, reshops, pushes CAFs and fluffs what they can. I have a mid shift who pushes milk, helps with CAFs and salesplanners. I have a C&S person on truck days who sorts the produce and meat pallets (the opener or mid shift pushes what they need from the truck), pushes bakery, b-codes produce/meat/bakery, and backstocks produce/meat/deli/bakery. This can change a bit based on who the actual team members are, and when the order gets there vs how empty the floor is in any area. My old man is a slow but steady picker and my kids are an everybody balls to the walls and get it done group.

As far as core roles its all logistics and has been for some time. But when we had issues with them doing it how we liked we took it back, logistics subtracted 6hrs per truck to allot for that supposedly, but it was still billed to market for years. When we took over bakery (for years we pushed and bcoded it but the flow c&s team backstocked it) the hours suddenly got billed from logistics as well. My current crew that works C&S may or may not include my new to Target PA. The one that opened with the store does not work it, although he will insist on items to push to "help" even if you have to stop what you are doing to find it for him in the pallet. Our goal is to have one PA on C&S and one on open/close if possible. Its kind of all over the place since I left and it shows. When I was over there I OWNED C&S. I worked all trucks and all orders. Its just easier and my process was so green it shined like the emerald city.

So my store is completely ASANTS, as we still fully staff market at the direction of our DTL. When I stepped away we got truck tues/thurs/sat and ordered tues/thurs/sun. I have an opener who does the cull, SDA, autofills for produce/meat, and fluffs all day. I have a closer who zones, reshops, pushes CAFs and fluffs what they can. I have a mid shift who pushes milk, helps with CAFs and salesplanners. I have a C&S person on truck days who sorts the produce and meat pallets (the opener or mid shift pushes what they need from the truck), pushes bakery, b-codes produce/meat/bakery, and backstocks produce/meat/deli/bakery. This can change a bit based on who the actual team members are, and when the order gets there vs how empty the floor is in any area. My old man is a slow but steady picker and my kids are an everybody balls to the walls and get it done group.

As far as core roles its all logistics and has been for some time. But when we had issues with them doing it how we liked we took it back, logistics subtracted 6hrs per truck to allot for that supposedly, but it was still billed to market for years. When we took over bakery (for years we pushed and bcoded it but the flow c&s team backstocked it) the hours suddenly got billed from logistics as well. My current crew that works C&S may or may not include my new to Target PA. The one that opened with the store does not work it, although he will insist on items to push to "help" even if you have to stop what you are doing to find it for him in the pallet. Our goal is to have one PA on C&S and one on open/close if possible. Its kind of all over the place since I left and it shows. When I was over there I OWNED C&S. I worked all trucks and all orders. Its just easier and my process was so green it shined like the emerald city.
Awesome feedback as well!

Our FDC hours are allocated to consumables rather than logistics, but the push team is mostly backroom TMs with a few P-Fresh-trained hardlines TMs (all scheduled under consumables). Our PA doesn't work the FDC truck if he's opening because he's responsible for the opening routines in market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back