Archived Pfresh score increase & diving sales question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I'm a fairly new Pfresh assistant and i've been challenged to come up with some ideas to increase our pfresh scores (scores across the board for the entire store are way down) and some ideas to generate sales. Does anyone have any ideas for things that may have worked at their stores?

thanks

Do you cook? Vibe with the guests about ingredients! If they ask for X, ask them if they need Y too, or just try to talk with them about what they're making. Frequently you can help them find some other ingredients they didn't know they needed ;) There were numerous times when I was a PA where I practically helped someone plan a whole dinner menu.

Are you keeping your floor full? We used to have problems some days, or with some items, with them not filling up particularly well so I would always keep an eye on that stuff and when I picked up the CAFs I'd pull some of the stuff we needed to add on.

Other than that always drive freshness! ANY time you're on the floor you can be culling as you stock, zone, order. You don't have to dig deep, just look at stuff as your're doing whatever else you're doing. Same goes for when you're in the back room.

I'm a newish PA too so I know how it goes. :) Our scores are pretty good on the whole, except we struggle to keep our availability score green. One thing our STL has challenged us (well, the whole store as well) is to greet EVERY guest that we see. It doesn't have to be CIHYFS all the time; just a hello, how are you, or even just eye contact and a smile if they're busy. Just to let the guests know that we exist and aren't too busy to give them attention (even if we're pushing a huge cart of produce or booking it somewhere for an important job), can really help. Just initiating contact is great because it opens the door for them to feel comfortable to ask for help or for you to offer some (sales!).

Freshness is big too. I think PFresh sets itself apart from other grocery stores because we strive to have clean, neat and fresh product always on the floor. I just visited a new grocery store that opened down the street and they're huge and cheap, but its DEF quantity before qualify and I know I, and others I know, would feel much more confident purchasing from a place that I know is always clean and fresh, like our PFresh. People are willing to pay for a quality product if you offer it.

Anyway, good luck! I'm liking all the advice as well; always good to learn new tricks. :)

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. I'm not a PA anymore but when I was we had one of the best PFresh departments in the district. We're actually the group training store for PFresh and I've trained PAs, CTLs, and ETLs one on one in PFresh.

You can also PM me any specific questions about pfresh. Our store was number 1 in the district for the year in total pfresh score, and the only store to get green all year from Steritech

You can also PM me any specific questions about pfresh. Our store was number 1 in the district for the year in total pfresh score, and the only store to get green all year from Steritech

Lucky you. We were green all year right up until seasonal hiring. New BR TMs who haven't been specifically trained by me or other PA had put all the meat into one bin on a 3 tier. Caught it right as steritech came in. Took that BRTM and walked him thru it. Then when sterirech inspected, he had put the ready to eat w the steaks. *sigh*

Team member availability is the biggest thing. It's not enough to have a TM in the area. A lot of guests aren't comfortable (for whatever reason) approaching team members and asking for help, so breaking the ice is important. I've noticed that when I acknowledge guests who come into PFresh, they are MUCH more likely to ask for help, and they walk away feeling like they've received good service.

Also consider that guests consider PFresh and Market to be one and the same. I'm not sure how your department is set up, but our PFresh team isn't responsible for dry market. We normally just have hardlines TM's working in dry, so if your store is like ours, make sure you communicate your expectations to those who are working in any part of grocery, be it Pfresh or dry, to give guests a good overall grocery shopping experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back