Archived Pfresh Workload almost impossible with these hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
So recently they decided to cut our hours again for Pfresh. We now have coverage in Market from 7am-8pm with zero overlap. We also dont have any Market TM to help zone during close while we are there. For our C+S team they cut 1 person, 4 hour shift, on Monday and Friday trucks which is when our freezers come in.

Now somehow they think cutting 14 hours a week, meaning 56 hours a month JUST for Market, isnt a big deal and everything can just run as smooth. I hope they ALSO realize that because C+S team got cut I have to help for another 4 hours on both Monday and Friday cutting 8 hours for the week from Pfresh to push on C+S. This adds to 32 hours a month spent pushing instead of doing Pfresh. So because of this recent change Pfresh is losing 88 freaking hours a month and they STILL expect us to get everything done, are you #%#%#%#% kidding me. They LITERALLY cut 20-25% of our monthly hours, that is rediculous how can anything get done beyond the basics. I dont know how much longer I can survive with these hours. I am still getting 36 hours a week, so thats no the issue, its that converage in the Pfresh Workcenter is so bad nothing other than the essential tasks can get done. We cant even get to our monthly cleaning. And talking to any exec doesnt really do anything because hours are getting cut all over the store.

Corporate needs to pull their head out of their @SS and actually give stores hours so that they can complete everything that is expected at the store level. And Vibe lol sure, thats happening with our 1 person on the salesfloor til 2:30.

Last edited:
Honestly man, i Just go in and do what i can. Hours are cut at a lot of stores.

That's easy to say but when you're working with food there are just unavoidable tasks that HAVE to be done otherwise you're not running a safe operation. If hardlines zone gets shafted, big deal; you'll live. But you HAVE to FIFO perishables. You HAVE to do a comprehensive cull and date check. And you HAVE to do cleaning because if you don't, we're talking bugs, fruit flies, unsanitary conditions and in FA and SB's cases, risk of complete closure by health and safety inspectors.

It sucks, and I'm super sorry, pfreshdude. No matter if you're an AAA+ or ULV, there are certain tasks that are going to be universal across ALL pFresh stores and take the same amount of time, but sadly it doesn't look like your store leadership understands that!

Do what you can. What with your hours being slashed, it's almost unavoidable for you to have a bad Steritech visit, or if you're really lucky, your local health inspectors. Sometimes it takes the stupid metrics to tank for people to start noticing that something has to change.

The problem is that, regardless, sure they might move some hours around to give to market to help get things done. But then you're losing coverage elsewhere, which means you'll then have to cover that gap.

I've taken the "screw it" approach. What does it matter to me if Pfresh gets shut down? Good. Maybe then Target will realize you can't run things on a bone staff. Let the flies come. Let the product expire. Let the food inspector shut it down. If we aren't being given the time and help to get things done from corporate, well, then **** them. They obviously do not care. Why should we?

That's why you document on the cleaning log (required to keep for 90 days) -- on when FDC unload/push hours get cut, days you skip your cull (pm cull is often skipped at my store), etc.

Honestly man, quit Spot and go work at a real grocery store.

I smoke a bowl before work, during breaks and after because running pfresh is so stressful due to workload.

When I close -- I often don't start zoning all of market until an hour before close. I don't finish. I don't care. I clock out and I'm on my way.

They cut hours from flow yesterday, I closed last night. I wound up rotating and stocking milk, pushing frozen and juice -- that took 3 hours. Then I had all my autos stacked up. I didn't push them all out plus dry until 15 minutes before my store closed. I stayed 45 mins past schedule, only zoning for a grand total of 30 minutes. Maybe.

Oh yeah. I didn't get any cleaning done. Yet steri was here a few days prior. How we keep managing to pass our audits is amazing to me; considering that the vast majority of our cleaning can be equated to putting out a bunch of different fires that simultaneously spring up.

Yet they're focused on the ****ing condition of canned goods and whether the lid is popped or not.

REALLY??!

Hearing all of these stories is making me dread our transition to PFresh. I haven't been given market hours in about 5 weeks now, and it makes me wonder how they think we're going to maintain a full fledged grocery section when they don't even allow us to maintain what we have now. But I guess slashing hours and raising expectations is "brand" now. Sometimes I want to request a transfer out of market, but I could never do that to my CTL...

The whole key is getting logistics to have someone pull+push dairy/frozen for early morning. Then if you plan your schedule correctly you'll have ample time to get things done before 11. Once you fall behind pfresh is hellish. Having someone take care of the large dairy/frozen autofills can be completed by store opening. Took me around 2 hrs to do my basic morning routines i was pretty much always done with everything by 10 (I started at 6 though). Then i had an hour to play with. I could either push milk/eggs if needed or clean. You have to stay on top of things always though.

If those things arent getting done or at least being fought for behind the scenes then your ctl is t doing his job and you shouldnt feel sorry for him in the least bit.

As for the portion about your zone not gettig done thats the responsibility of the person running instocks to step forward and fight for the fact that the zone isnt done correctly so hes not able to scan these areas. Its ok to sacrifice the zone every now and then as long as your not constantly doing it. From the general jist of your threads it sounds more to me lime your team leads are push overs who dont stand up for whats theirs and fight for hours. The hours are there ur stl is simply not allocating them because he feels he can get by with less and get a pat on the back for it.

My 2 cents anyway

We were having issues with hours in Market until the DTL *****ed that our food sales went down 25% from last year. They don't skimp on our hours anymore.

They cut our hours in market by 20% or so about a month ago. No more mid-shifts, at all.

I skip most of the cleaning routines now. I haven't been told to do that, but I have been told (a few times) that our focus is on instocks and guest-service..... for the entirety of the grocery aisle, not just perishables. So when I'm expected to regularly go through all of grocery and zone it and SUBT any lows or outs, something has to be cut. I decided that it's going to be the cleaning routines. I only now sweep the ambient room when it accumulates too many onion peels lol.

I give up with this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back