Archived Phrases heard over the Walkie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that you're a GSA, you'd best remember cash office protocol.
Namely, you NEVER indicate over a walkie/overhead/anything a guest could hear about CO.
If something is needed regarding CO, refer to it as 239.
For Brinks (or whomever your armor carrier is), there should be a code phrase for that.
Announcing their presence endangers THEM as well as your store.

Weird no catchphrase here wheb GARDA comes, just, "LOD to 239, LOD to 239".

As for channel swapping, if we have two GSA's present and the other is asked to switch channelsI do so too, stops the other GSA from then needong to relay a message to me after.

Last edited:
Is there some rule that if someone asks someone else to go to another channel, nobody else should also switch over to listen in?

There was a TM at my store who used to do that pretty much every single time. He didn't even stop whatever he was doing...just reached down, flipped the channel, kept working, then flipped back when they were done...All without saying a word or acknowledging it at all.

My previous STL used to do this and it drove me nuts. I realize she was in charge of the whole store, but didn't she have more important things to worry about than what time TL Bob wants TM Lisa to take her 15?

I flipped over (discreetly) when an ETL asked another to flip to Ch. 3 & the conversation went something like, "Hey did you set that endcap in ___?" "Yeah I'm going to grab more shelves in the fixture room."
Guess that was really important to flip channels.

I mean, the less congestion over channel 1 for one-on-one conversations the better. It ticks me off when someone's talking to one other person on 1 and no one else can ever get a word in, or hear call buttons.

"TESTING 12345 54321"
Is this done with a male voice and not the usual female voice for the other automated/button pressed announcements? I've heard that at my store a lot and always assumed it was a fellow TM making sure his walkie was working properly. :confused:

Is this done with a male voice and not the usual female voice for the other automated/button pressed announcements? I've heard that at my store a lot and always assumed it was a fellow TM making sure his walkie was working properly. :confused:
In my store at least, a guest has pushed the button that means you've checked the restroom. Ours is mounted next to the hot air hand driers, and they think the buttons are for changing the drier fan speed. That's my theory anyway.

Weird no catchphrase here wheb GARDA comes, just, "LOD to 239, LOD to 239".

As for channel swapping, if we have two GSA's present and the other is asked to switch channelsI do so too, stops the other GSA from then needong to relay a message to me after.
That would be the secret phrase and/or code for your store.

I'm not sharing what my store says for cash office and I really don't think anyone else should be sharing their code word for the cash office on a publicly accessible forum. This is confidential information. If you wouldn't tell a guest in the store, then you shouldn't say anything on here. We don't need to violate the social media policy and risk getting shut down again and have all our data sifted through with a fine tooth comb.

In my store at least, a guest has pushed the button that means you've checked the restroom. Ours is mounted next to the hot air hand driers, and they think the buttons are for changing the drier fan speed. That's my theory anyway.
That button isn't for the guests, it's for the CA and is usually hidden away. It's only purpose is to let the LOD know the CA was doing their job.

That would be the secret phrase and/or code for your store.

I'm not sharing what my store says for cash office and I really don't think anyone else should be sharing their code word for the cash office on a publicly accessible forum. This is confidential information. If you wouldn't tell a guest in the store, then you shouldn't say anything on here. We don't need to violate the social media policy and risk getting shut down again and have all our data sifted through with a fine tooth comb.
The extension "239" for cash office has been shared on here a million times before, lots of stores use it. Now it would be nice for every store to have it's own unique code for the cash office but that's not how it goes.

True, but 239 is still better than saying "cash office" around guests.
And I'm sure ETLs would have a fit if someone announced the presence of your armored carrier.
I was told one time by our carrier that THEY insisted the stores use a code designation because announcing their presence puts THEM at risk.

True, but 239 is still better than saying "cash office" around guests.
And I'm sure ETLs would have a fit if someone announced the presence of your armored carrier.
I was told one time by our carrier that THEY insisted the stores use a code designation because announcing their presence puts THEM at risk.
I can understand why that brinks guy would run out of the store and floor it out if he was called out on the overhead (mentioned somewhere on here). Who knows what kind of psycho may be in the store with a gun looking to get lucky, or possibly organized thieves. I don't think that saying 239 on here will change much, several forums are already archived somewhere and it has been mentioned a million times. If it becomes a problem spot could just tell stores to designate a new code for the cash office.

Everyone don't forget that none of the radio frequencies are encrypted, anyone with a ham radio license can intercept anything (even the AP channels). It is illegal for most private citizens and companies to encrypt their radio frequencies since it is a public resource. I've seen youtube videos where some guy sits in his car recording what AP says (hilarious IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back