MyTime Picking up hours at a different location.

If another store in your area needs extra help, maybe. I've worked a few shifts at another store during back to school time. Several of my store's TMs worked a day at a new store as they were getting ready to open. Both situations were very temporary, not worth hiring in new TMs, but they needed help getting over a big hump.
But generally speaking, I think this is frowned upon.

It is, but it's difficult to do and rarely happens. You need your HR team to communicate with their HR team to make it happen. If you're just asking if you can pick up shifts somewhere, the answer is probably going to be no. The store that needs help will usually reach out, not the other way around.

Yes but not really.

It usually only happens when someone transfers from one store to the other and there's a very specific schedule. So maybe a barista who lives halfway between and the old store doesn't have coverage for a few weeks.

It really depends on your District Volume and leadership.

If District approves such measures, it usually goes to select TMs. And usually only allows TMs from lower volume stores to work an extra day or two at larger volume stores. Or really struggling stores. Those TMs get paid for mileage and work time.

Back