Placing Online Order for Guests

I have a question about this online ordering thing. I looked on the target app on the mydevice and it says unavailable to ship to your zip code, but I can see that a store nearby has it. Would the mycheckout be able to override that for the guest and ship it to their house even though they couldn't order it online themselves? I had a guest call in earlier today wondering if there was a way they could do that. I simply transferred them to guest services, But didn't follow up so that I would know for next time. Thanks for your help!
Yes . I’ve done it . It will give you the option to put the guest mailing address

I’ve had guest in the store wanting items that we didn’t have and they would pay for it with my checkout and ship it to their house .
That’s not what the poster meant. They meant can we override “unavailable to ship” items and ship them. We cannot.

I have a question about this online ordering thing. I looked on the target app on the mydevice and it says unavailable to ship to your zip code, but I can see that a store nearby has it. Would the mycheckout be able to override that for the guest and ship it to their house even though they couldn't order it online themselves? I had a guest call in earlier today wondering if there was a way they could do that. I simply transferred them to guest services, But didn't follow up so that I would know for next time. Thanks for your help!

No not possible. They could go to the store themselves and get it but we can’t override things like that.

Absolutely GS can (and should) do it for the guest.
Because GS has so much free time. GS at my store is swamped from open to close. No one on the sales floor will log into the phones. They won't use the Zebra to look up items at another store. It is like pulling teeth to get them to pick up reshop. Style SHOULD have an MCO to assist guests. Tech SHOULD have a MCO to assist guests. "Team Culture" seems to have forgotten GS at my store.

Last edited:
Because GS has so much free time. GS at my store is swamped from open to close. No one on the sales floor will log into the phones. They won't use the Zebra to look up items at another store. It is like pulling teeth to get them to pick up reshop. Style SHOULD have an MCO to assist guests. Tech should have a MCO to assist guests. "Team Culture" seems to have forgotten GS at my store.
We have a mobile checkout in tech for just those occasions when we are busy or we need to ship something to a guest like a bike.

No, my checkout can not over ride unavailable to ship.

The mco has been a blessing when mobile has a family cluttered around our mini boat and none of our registers are six feet compliant. I usually start checking people out on either the soundbar desk in tv valley or where we have our bose cabinet since its got nothing on top.

Back