Archived Plano core roles vs adjacency hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's under back room duties/hours, however you have to be trained to do it. This is a topic that will never EVER be done correctly. Back room should be the only one pulling/backstock ing. It's supposed to help with BRLA. Accordinrg to adjacency calendar and the new way schedules post, back room pulls batches. My ETLS used to argue about this (DAILY between SF and LOG) then I printed out the adjacency calendar and handed it to both of them. SF looked at LOG and said "here, pull my batches" (with a sense of humor) and it hasn't been brought up since.

I just found out the other day that Plano is supposed to fill their revisions with product after my DTL dug into my mentors ass about why it wasn't done. Our Plano team is pretty much useless when I look at all the things that's need to be done but dont

I just found out the other day that Plano is supposed to fill their revisions with product after my DTL dug into my mentors ass about why it wasn't done. Our Plano team is pretty much useless when I look at all the things that's need to be done but dont
Of course your plano team should fill all of their revisions and planos. They should also be be striping and cleaning. Stocking all Carry forward product, all pog fills and any trapped product. And when they have time they should be working all discontinued and clearance they removed. Then put up any ad signs and scan the first research.

@anathema @cobycord @HearMeRawr3
@YourPPTL It's kinda funny, if I go back and pull out all my paperwork, with is buried in my basement-so I won't - it has changed slightly the through the yea)rs. In wording and actual procedure. Do/ don't. Outs/don't out. Pull/don't. Bs/dont etc. and then throw in OLD TIMERS and interns and fresh newbies! lol lord that's fun. What generally happens is a conglomerate of things ending up with what works best for the STL, ETL and TL. But mostly the ETL and STL.
As far as the only BR doing pulls? Our kids are highly trained kids. Better than some of the regular BR kids. But then you have asants and all right? We would be crucified if we did not take care of our pulls. As a matter of fact... If we don't?? Haha... It is left for us. Even if it's over the weekend. And that pallet of transition? A week later??? That has had outs shot already? Yeah that will sit for us too. Pricing HAS to take care of clearance if it gets brought back but it is highly encouraged for pog to do it. About the only thing we don't get taken to task over is back stock. But if there is extra time... Yeah go help the BR.

Do your plano teams adjust capacities on a new set or revision? If not, who does? There is a little head butting at our store with regards to best practice on this.

Of course your plano team should fill all of their revisions and planos. They should also be be striping and cleaning. Stocking all Carry forward product, all pog fills and any trapped product. And when they have time they should be working all discontinued and clearance they removed. Then put up any ad signs and scan the first research.
After spending the day with my pricing team ive seen the only problems they have are working within their payroll budget. My team consistently over spends and I'm trying to find a way to get that in check. My Plano team on the other hand....I don't know where to start with them.

Do your plano teams adjust capacities on a new set or revision? If not, who does? There is a little head butting at our store with regards to best practice on this.
Nobody does it.

The only time capacities get changed at my store is when the ETL-SF finds an area that she thinks is overstocked. She'll send the overstock to the backroom, update the capacities, and then thinks that somehow Flow will recognize this and magically stop overstocking there.

Yes plano should be doing that.

Nobody does it.

The only time capacities get changed at my store is when the ETL-SF finds an area that she thinks is overstocked. She'll send the overstock to the backroom, update the capacities, and then thinks that somehow Flow will recognize this and magically stop overstocking there.
Haha! She's a smart one!

After spending the day with my pricing team ive seen the only problems they have are working within their payroll budget. My team consistently over spends and I'm trying to find a way to get that in check. My Plano team on the other hand....I don't know where to start with them.

What issues do you have with pricing? Typical daily workload? Number of team members? Start time for shift? What volume is your store? Are you adequately staffed through out the store? Other things accomplished during the day (smart huddle, mid day zone, etc. ?)

What issues do you have with pricing? Typical daily workload? Number of team members? Start time for shift? What volume is your store? Are you adequately staffed through out the store? Other things accomplished during the day (smart huddle, mid day zone, etc. ?)

In-Stocks does it. We don't trust some of POG enough to be trusted with that.

Yes plano should be doing that.

Where does it say this? When SFQ rolled out it clearly said that Instocks owns this. Now our leadership says plano should do it, but the PPTL says that it is not reflected in their hours and they only research anything that is empty after filling (if they actually do the fill... otherwise even that is not done) Instocks is not scheduled any additional time to do it, so when scanning we are supposed to do it. This adds an enormous amount of time to scans when we get to newly set endcaps and/or pogs and our TL is all over us about how much time it takes to do scans. Not fixing capacities borks up everything, but it has become a "maybe it'll get done" thing. It's frustrating.

Where does it say this? When SFQ rolled out it clearly said that Instocks owns this. Now our leadership says plano should do it, but the PPTL says that it is not reflected in their hours and they only research anything that is empty after filling (if they actually do the fill... otherwise even that is not done) Instocks is not scheduled any additional time to do it, so when scanning we are supposed to do it. This adds an enormous amount of time to scans when we get to newly set endcaps and/or pogs and our TL is all over us about how much time it takes to do scans. Not fixing capacities borks up everything, but it has become a "maybe it'll get done" thing. It's frustrating.
Actually I was wrong instocks owns quantity plano owns capacity.. sorry

You should be adjusting if you see it is blatantly wrong or if you example: POG calls for 8ft but you make it 4ft. POG should be correcting those capacities. But in general leave it to In-Stocks.

And scans take so damn long cause we now have crap equipment. So tell them to suck it up, buttercup.

Nobody does it.

At my store only electronics is stocked and caps perfectly because the flow TM that stocks there everyday always is allocated a working mydevice so they always update the caps and quantities to reduce their own workload later that being said working, scanning mydevices are a rarity, problem with no real time between store closing and flow coming into stock = mydevices always dead or not scanning.

Nobody does it.

The point is to stop the auto fills and CAFs from pulling too much. Nobody actually believes flow looks at or cares about capacities.

The point is to stop the auto fills and CAFs from pulling too much. Nobody actually believes flow looks at or cares about capacities.
But Flow will immediately start overstocking it again, so the impact of changing the capacity is minimal in that case.

Our Plano team lead only hires girls or fat people (usually a combination of both) . Then asks the brtl to make br pull their pulls because the items are too heavy. The Chem reset was brutal on backroom because Plano refused to do their job and pull their shit. I don't discriminate but you should at least pick up one decently built worker that can climb ladders. Like what the fuck.
You are an ass!!!

You are an ass!!!
Sorry kid, if you're not physically able to do your job, then you shouldn't be hired. DC has a fittness test, general stores whose workcenters deal with the backroom should too. It's totally unfair to out BR that our plano TL hires a bunch of physically slow people which forces BR to pull their shit and Flow to finish pushing it.

It's not being an ass, it's being realistic. There's no way I could be allowed to work in the BR if I told my TM that everything was too heavy, get someone else to do it.

Sorry kid, if you're not physically able to do your job, then you shouldn't be hired. DC has a fittness test, general stores whose workcenters deal with the backroom should too. It's totally unfair to out BR that our plano TL hires a bunch of physically slow people which forces BR to pull their shit and Flow to finish pushing it.

It's not being an ass, it's being realistic. There's no way I could be allowed to work in the BR if I told my TM that everything was too heavy, get someone else to do it.
I weigh over 200, I could bench the skinny little shit from light duty. :rolleyes:

Fat fit is a thing. I do 10ks (albeit walking) and 20k steps a day. Just cause your fast kids are losers don't body shame the rest of us...

I weigh over 200, I could bench the skinny little shit from light duty. :rolleyes:

Fat fit is a thing. I do 10ks (albeit walking) and 20k steps a day. Just cause your fast kids are losers don't body shame the rest of us...
Out plano TMs aren't fat fit. They are fat and slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back