Playing Music In Target?

Would You Want Music Playing In Target?

• Yaaaaaaaaas

Votes: 197 59.3%
  • Heck no

Votes: 135 40.7%

• Total voters
I can hardly hear the music in Market these days. We had a guest complain and the STL, turned it down as a result.
I wonder if guest complaints would work at our store. Some have complained to TMs they see, but probably not officially. Maybe I can get some friends to complain. We just had it turned on last week, and I don't think I can handle the music much longer.

I have Misophonia, which results in me not being able to tune out sounds that upset me. I already get set on edge every day at work by a couple different sounds, so the addition of music (because it's music I can't stand) has just made things worse. I don't think explaining the situation to a lead would do me any good. Most people haven't even heard of Misophonia, and a lot of people who have can't wrap their brains around the idea of it.

OneRepublic - If I Lose Myself
Ariana Grande - no tears left to cry
Charlie Puth - The Way I Am
Cobra Starship - Never Been In Love
Rihanna - We Found Love
Raf Rundell - Falling Out

We have music at my store and it's a blend of current pop hits and 80's/90's hits.

It's not too loud, I can hear it comfortably at a register but the music is loudest over softlines and in the restrooms.

No shame admitting my favorite song is Zedd/Maren Morris "The Middle" from our commercial.

Last edited:
Stopped by the area super target yesterday. They had it playing, and I kind of just ignored it. Not sure if I could while working though.

Stopped by the area super target yesterday. They had it playing, and I kind of just ignored it. Not sure if I could while working though.

It's soft enough at my store. At least it's not like other small retail gigs I had where it's on an endless loop. I've never heard the same song adjacent to another any day of the week.

My target just recently started playing music in the front end of the softlines area, I thought I was goin crazy when I first heard it lmao

They played a song where it talked about wanting to cheat on her husband lol. Good thing this way before store opened.

Back