Playing Music In Target?

Would You Want Music Playing In Target?

• Yaaaaaaaaas

Votes: 197 59.3%
  • Heck no

Votes: 135 40.7%

• Total voters
I just transferred to a new store and we have music now. There are already a few songs I hate, but there are some good ones on the playlist too.

Recently, I've noticed the music mix isn't quite as mixed as it used to be. They seem to repeat songs during the same work shift. When the store music was introduced, songs weren't repeated within the same week.

Is Target trying to reduce the amount of public-performance license fees it must pay for playing recorded music by using a smaller number of selections, or is there something else going on?

Recently, I've noticed the music mix isn't quite as mixed as it used to be. They seem to repeat songs during the same work shift. When the store music was introduced, songs weren't repeated within the same week.

Is Target trying to reduce the amount of public-performance license fees it must pay for playing recorded music by using a smaller number of selections, or is there something else going on?
They play a flat fee to the streaming service who handles all the licenseing I’m pretty surr

I've heard it a few times now, a pop song with a female singer. All I can remember right now is she goes like "woooo-oooo... oooh oooh oooh" a few times, and in the chorus she sings what sounds like "I've been waiting (on/in?) the light(?)". Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I've heard it a few times now, a pop song with a female singer. All I can remember right now is she goes like "woooo-oooo... oooh oooh oooh" a few times, and in the chorus she sings what sounds like "I've been waiting (on/in?) the light(?)". Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Disconnect by Clean Bandit?

Not that one unfortunately. The song I'm thinking of, the singer sounds more "generic pop" sounding and the instruments are fairly quiet compared to the singing.

I continue to notice that in the past few months, the music selections have been repeating themselves, something which we were promised wouldn't happen when Target introduced in-store music a couple of moons ago. Most of the music is pretty good, but..... Ah well, what's a promise worth?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone work at a target where they play music in the store? If not why? I've actually had several guests ask about that. I'd really like them to do that because especially at night when there's not a lot of people it get so quiet when I'm working and I hate it. Lol maybe it's just me. Thoughts?

yes we do at my store! I’m in Minnesota so they kinda try things out in the stores here to see if they’re working.

Anyone know the current list playing. Theirs some good ones that I wanna download.

Also a huge yes for me in music. I can finally take a huge shit in the bathroom without worrying about people hearing little farts. Huge win for me.

They also started playing that new Justin beiber song Yummy. The song is about sex, fucking and his sex life. It doesn't belong in the store. We have families that come in to shop.

Back