Playing Music In Target?

Would You Want Music Playing In Target?

• Yaaaaaaaaas

Votes: 197 59.3%
  • Heck no

Votes: 135 40.7%

• Total voters
I’m loving that my company is stanning my mother by playing FOUR songs from her new album Chromatica (Stupid Love, Rain On Me, Free Woman, and now 1000 Doves) :)

Stray Cat Strut - Stray Cats
Young Folks - Peter Bjorn and John
Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People
Pulling Mussels (From The Shell) - Squeeze
To the Sky - Owl City
Rain on Me - Lady Gaga feat Ariana Grande
Sorry Not Sorry - Demi Lovato

Stray Cat Strut - Stray Cats
Young Folks - Peter Bjorn and John
Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People
Pulling Mussels (From The Shell) - Squeeze
To the Sky - Owl City
Rain on Me - Lady Gaga feat Ariana Grande
Sorry Not Sorry - Demi Lovato

They're really playing School Shooter Anthem??? (Pumped Up Kicks)

Plus. Boomer? The band was formed in 2009, why would it have anything to do with Boomers?

They're really playing School Shooter Anthem??? (Pumped Up Kicks)
I literally stopped dead in my tracks when I heard it and I was like "wait.. no.. THEY DIDN'T.."
They did.

The instore audio network at my previous job plays it too.

Have any of you looked up information on the song? It was apparently a huge hit for them and the reasoning behind it is informative. It is not meant to glorify violence, but shine a light on mental illness and what would drive a young person to such violence.

And I still don't get the Boomer insult. The song hasn't been banned or anything. Is it some well-known fact that people ages 56 to 76 make the Target music playlists?

Have any of you looked up information on the song? It was apparently a huge hit for them and the reasoning behind it is informative. It is not meant to glorify violence, but shine a light on mental illness and what would drive a young person to such violence.

And I still don't get the Boomer insult. The song hasn't been banned or anything. Is it some well-known fact that people ages 56 to 76 make the Target music playlists?

She was making a joke that Target is run by old people who are out of touch, yes.

Yes, I'm well aware that it's not meant to glorify violence. That does not stop it from being a school shooter anthem.

She was making a joke that Target is run by old people who are out of touch, yes.

Yes, I'm well aware that it's not meant to glorify violence. That does not stop it from being a school shooter anthem.
Hmm, I smell censorship. How very Millennial of you.

Silhouettes - Friendly Fires
Raspberry Beret - Prince
Wannabe - Spice Girls
It's Your Touch - The Black Ghosts

there's one song I can't find, the only lyrics from the chorus I can remember is "the time we spent together, will always be a part of a bigger story" or something like that
kinda sounds like Gary Jules singing? I can't find anything x_x

There's a song I heard today and could have sworn it sounded like the B52s and now I can't find it anywhere. If not them, it was definitely something 80s. Anyone know what song it might be? I know that's not much to go on, lol.

U-Turn - Tegan and Sara
Everything Goes My Way - Metronomy
Happy Now - Zedd
Silly Me - Yeasayer
Boom boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
I Touch Roses - Book of Love
Falling Out - Raf Rundell

There's a song I heard today and could have sworn it sounded like the B52s and now I can't find it anywhere. If not them, it was definitely something 80s. Anyone know what song it might be? I know that's not much to go on, lol.
Do you have a line of the lyrics?

Is it just me, or in the High Horse song, does it sound like she’s singing “you and your whores”? I can’t be the only one who hears that.

Back