Archived Please be Visual and forget the Technical...

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the orders of our STL, almost all of hardlines is flexed. She thinks that any hole on the shelf should be an opportunity to push something else out and will therefore drive sales. It sounds great in theory but the reality is that a large portion of the product ends up in a completely different section because an item that was out eventually came in and got flexed out somewhere else or sent to backstock.

On the orders of our STL, almost all of hardlines is flexed. She thinks that any hole on the shelf should be an opportunity to push something else out and will therefore drive sales. It sounds great in theory but the reality is that a large portion of the product ends up in a completely different section because an item that was out eventually came in and got flexed out somewhere else or sent to backstock.
o_O

in hardlines? yikes. your STL sounds like an idiot. Endcaps, sure. Non PTM Aisles, no.

Last edited:
o_O

in hardlines? yikes. your STL sounds like an idiot. Endcaps, sure. Non PTM Aisles, no.

I will second that vote for idiot! We used to flex in hardlines but had some hard rules about it. Regular label stays, flipper label holder with flex label gets placed over, so that flow and everyone else knew it was flex and when the product goes there came in - PUT IT THERE! and the flex can go backstock.

Now no one cares, just shove it somewhere.. I will say our LOG ETL was kinda horrified by some of the work of our salesfloor newbies. And he has seen the best of the worst of his own team..

Regular label stays, flipper label holder with flex label gets placed over, so that flow and everyone else knew it was flex and when the product goes there came in - PUT IT THERE! and the flex can go backstock.
They have us shoot a new label and place it on top of the label in the strip. In theory, it supposed to work as you describe but I have never seen that happen. I flat out refuse to do it. If it's an out, it's an out. I will sometimes flex over the item next to it if it's the same price but I will only do it 1 deep.

Now no one cares, just shove it somewhere.. I will say our LOG ETL was kinda horrified by some of the work of our salesfloor newbies. And he has seen the best of the worst of his own team..
We're E2E, the ones doing this are all former flow team members.

They have us shoot a new label and place it on top of the label in the strip. In theory, it supposed to work as you describe but I have never seen that happen. I flat out refuse to do it. If it's an out, it's an out. I will sometimes flex over the item next to it if it's the same price but I will only do it 1 deep.

We're E2E, the ones doing this are all former flow team members.

Nope Flow is now so small they all have either quit or leave at 8am.. These are new hires.. Confirmed at least what was found today checking a grid was all newbies that the one of the supposed superstar SRTL's was supposedly training.. When I left today the LOG ETL was having a chat with this SRTL about it, cause it was bad.. Looked they had pulled a CAF tub into an aisle and just pushed everything on it into that one aisle. Like stacks of towels flexed in the trash can aisle.. Just stuff that made you WTF?

I'm told to do this with end caps. In dairy we have an endcap full of orange juice and various different Simply Juice flavors, well, last Saturday the endcap was basically naked. LOD came over and told us to "figure it out" so we're like "...okay" and we stocked in a bunch of fairlife milk. He came back and said it looked great, then ETL-food guy comes around says the same. Well, next morning we get all the endcap stuff in and barely anyone's bought the milk. That was fucking annoying lol. We had literal stacks of juice Backstock since our store decided to just let the milk endcap run out.

Nope Flow is now so small they all have either quit or leave at 8am.. These are new hires.. Confirmed at least what was found today checking a grid was all newbies that the one of the supposed superstar SRTL's was supposedly training.. When I left today the LOG ETL was having a chat with this SRTL about it, cause it was bad.. Looked they had pulled a CAF tub into an aisle and just pushed everything on it into that one aisle. Like stacks of towels flexed in the trash can aisle.. Just stuff that made you WTF?

:eek:o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back