Please stop playing Christina Aguilera music. This is an OSHA violation...

... as it is killing my ears.

They've been playing two different Christina Aguilera songs on the speakers for the last 2 months and I'm sorry, but they are awful. The voice, the lyrics, it's just BADDDDDD.
A lot of music made in the past decade is awful, pop and rap especially. It’s fucking awful.

A lot of music made in the past decade is awful, pop and rap especially. It’s fucking awful.

Every decade has a lot of awful music.
It's just that the good music survives and that's what you hear.
If you lived through that decade, you either:

A) remember the music you listened to as being the greatest music of all time and that's all you listen to now. For which I say, I'm very sorry for you.
B) remember there was a lot of crap music but are smart enough to reassess your taste concerning some of it later on.
For example, I don't hate disco the same way I did when it first came out.
I now understand that it was meant to dance to and my stupid punk rock, I'm to hip for that ass should have been a little more open minded.
C) were musicians at the time and understood all this from the get go.

Music of all kinds is fucking amazing.
The best advice I have ever been given was by the music manager at the Bookstore I worked for.
She said, "There is good music in every genre. If you can't find it, you aren't listening to enough music."
I'm still looking for good mumble rap but I will find it.

And if you don't like what's out, just listen to Weird Al's covers. He did an excellent parody of Gaga's "Born This Way" called "Perform This Way" where he defends how out there her general performance is. I.e., she's not insane, that's just how she performs. He deepfakes his face onto hers in some of her performances, it's hilarious.

My store has no music in the front end or GS. it’s trippy when I go to the bathroom bc I’m not used to hearing music lol
I don't think there's a speaker of sorts in GS, but there's definitely one right around the entrance in my store. I hated the music mainly because for a while it was the same 40-song rotation. They seem to be changing it up a little more.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here enjoying the bliss of a music free store. Definitely a perk of our remodel being delayed because of Covid.
I actually can not stand music-free Targets anymore. I think overall Targets music Playlist improves its experience. Maybe with a few exceptions once in awhile. Quite a few songs I have never heard before that have no videos on YouTube with more than ~10k views i Shazamd working on the sales floor that have become favorites of mine.

I enjoy the quiet, but if we got music and there were some good songs in the mix, I wouldn't mind.

Back