PMT question

I can not understand how this is true. Our PMT who has been at target as PMT 23 years Got wrote up two times in the last 40 days for someone else loosing their device. The TM’swho lost them got nothing except to feel horrible about him getting wrote up. So if he gets written up again in 90 days he is fired. He did his part and pinged them and searched hard. Is this true?

I can not understand how this is true. Our PMT who has been at target as PMT 23 years Got wrote up two times in the last 40 days for someone else loosing their device. The TM’swho lost them got nothing except to feel horrible about him getting wrote up. So if he gets written up again in 90 days he is fired. He did his part and pinged them and searched hard. Is this true?
It’s possible. I got written up one time when two of my team members hit meal compliance in a week or 2, even though I wasn’t working for either shift.

PMTs are responsible for equipment. I think it’s harsh to punish that severely over something that they didn’t do, and I don’t know where they made up this 90 day thing.

They performanced out our last two PTMs because of how long they were with the company (and health reasons for the last one). Though no one in the company will say this openly or behind closed doors. All the PTMs in my district are all youngish males just starting out in the position or who have only held it 2 or 3 years.

Pmt is not responsible for accountability, only troubleshooting and repairs. The SD drives accountability in the store and etl hr and etl hrbp coach tms who lose equipment. If you search equipment control on wb it gives you a breakdown of responsibility. Three times a week there is a wo for pmt’s to check my tech for equipment statuses and report it on the wo and send an email to leadership detailing missing equipment.

Yeah the only think of besides age discrimanation here is that he was not following up with other leaders to rectify the situation or perhaps he wasnt doing the work orders. Im not super familiar with the work orders but my PML has sent me a few emails to follow up with team members who last used the devices before they went offline.

Our last PMT worked his ass off and was great at it. Everyone liked him. Shouldn't the TL's and ETL's ,monitor the devices? He had enough property work to keep him running all day.

Pmt is not responsible for accountability, only troubleshooting and repairs. The SD drives accountability in the store and etl hr and etl hrbp coach tms who lose equipment. If you search equipment control on wb it gives you a breakdown of responsibility. Three times a week there is a wo for pmt’s to check my tech for equipment statuses and report it on the wo and send an email to leadership detailing missing equipment.
Is there anything he can do about the write ups?

The second TM that lost the device is very upset about pmt getting in that much trouble. I heard her talking to etl and he said that the process. Are they lying?

Where on workbench can do I find equipment control?

If the PML is doing everything he is supposed to be doing, he would probably be ok. If he isn't following up with the sign in sheets and work orders, he will be in trouble if any go missing. My PML sends the work order emails several times per week.

If the PML is doing everything he is supposed to be doing, he would probably be ok. If he isn't following up with the sign in sheets and work orders, he will be in trouble if any go missing. My PML sends the work order emails several times per week.
He is. That’s what is so unfair. Our sign in sheet is kept up with. I misplace mine the other day. We searched. He pinged it twice and I found it. We always know when one is missing. He does the other parts of his job to. He is always on the go. Now he looks terrible. Like he aged 10 years in the last couple weeks. It’s not right and how can they live with themselves doing this to people who gave 20 plus years. If it’s pay, we have a lot of team members making $19plus and they get their hours. My pmt sends an email everyday because that’s what our new sd whated (sd has been there 18 months). I still can’t find on workbench where it says accountability To At least give him a leg to stand on.

Age discrimination is real. Never think otherwise. It will never change unfortunately.
He is. That’s what is so unfair. Our sign in sheet is kept up with. I misplace mine the other day. We searched. He pinged it twice and I found it. We always know when one is missing. He does the other parts of his job to. He is always on the go. Now he looks terrible. Like he aged 10 years in the last couple weeks. It’s not right and how can they live with themselves doing this to people who gave 20 plus years. If it’s pay, we have a lot of team members making $19plus and they get their hours. My pmt sends an email everyday because that’s what our new sd whated (sd has been there 18 months). I still can’t find on workbench where it says accountability To At least give him a leg to stand on.

Sounds like he is being performanced out, and age discrimination could be the reason. He probably does his job really well, so they had no legit cause to write him up, thus they wrote him up for whatever “cause” leadership’s frenzied little brains could come up with, however far-fetched. No wonder he has aged ten years in two weeks, the incredible stress of being performanced out can do that to someone, and it’s a plus for Spot if they can push you to quit. ASANTS, but it’s amazing what some leaders can do to people and still live with themselves.I know of no recourse, unfortunately, and your PMT has my sympathy. I hope he has another job lined up before the ax falls. Good luck to him.

I suspect the STL's hands are tied when it comes to the above. That shit comes down from the district which is fed via shitty TL's and ETL's. To you younger folks listening, save your money, don't piss it away. Fly under the radar, keep your opinions to yourself, maintain your circle of friends outside of the store completely, never let life's Venn diagram of co-workers-managers intersect with YOUR friends (or yourself.) Make your money, build a resume, work hard and when the time is right, get the fuck out.

PML here. PMLs are only responsible for driving equipment control, repairing devices, and maintaining them (labels, chargers, cases, myTech). As for The losing devices, the TM who lost it gets put on a CA, not the PML. SD is suppose to drive accountability. PMLs are to communicate to the SD. Yes we can help search for it and try to ping it, but we are not held responsible for them going missing. As long as we can show what we did to find the device and the leaders we went to, we are not held responsible for a device gone missing. Why we might get upset and angry about it, is cause we have to take our time to look for it, and then have to answer to our PMBP and PMD on why it went missing.

PML here. PMLs are only responsible for driving equipment control, repairing devices, and maintaining them (labels, chargers, cases, myTech). As for The losing devices, the TM who lost it gets put on a CA, not the PML. SD is suppose to drive accountability. PMLs are to communicate to the SD. Yes we can help search for it and try to ping it, but we are not held responsible for them going missing. As long as we can show what we did to find the device and the leaders we went to, we are not held responsible for a device gone missing. Why we might get upset and angry about it, is cause we have to take our time to look for it, and then have to answer to our PMBP and PMD on why it went missing.
I told the Pmt to fight it and he said ‘you know what, they want me out and they will do anything to get me out. Also I found an ad for my store for GMTL so I ask our GMTL if we were getting an extra one. It was him but he is transferring. He said they want me out so im transferring. He needs medical insurance very bad for his family and they know this. And they were going to brush him to the side. He has been there 26 years and is 55.

Back