Archived POG fills

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question my store cant seem to wrap it's head around. I'm on the instocks team... on occasion I'll do a POG fill for an aisle that has outs on the floor, but backroom locations. Why is it...that Most of the time..I will NOT get the items I'm looking for. In other words, if I have 10 things on an aisle that was recently set... and those items have backroom locations, a POG fill will include everything and maybe 1-2 of those backroom locations...leaving some of those items I need still in the backroom:wacko: anybody???

There is known issues with pog fills that hq is looking into according to my GOL. But it could also be burnt batches or accumulator is screwed up as well.

Unfortunately my store is more concerned with our numbers . We stay in the task list and I need to stay below 7% scans in locations.... So ... Pog fill is my second go to when I need to fill the floor

You should be using EXF instead of POG fill for those purposes. It gives us much more control over what is coming out to the floor.

You should be using EXF instead of POG fill for those purposes. It gives us much more control over what is coming out to the floor.

The reason POG Fill isn't pulling for outs on the floor is pretty simple. A POG Fill still only pulls those items based off of triggers from the sales accumulator. In a perfect world, the CAF and Autofills should be enough to keep a floor filled. However when mistakes are made such as not working everything on a pull or burning a batch, we are skewing the accumulator by telling it we are putting more on the sales floor than there actually are. If the item doesn't get pulled naturally by your normal pulls, a POG fill is unlikely to fix the problem because it is now off as well. That is why using RSCH as a spot check is so important!

If you have some total outs that are obviously not filled by your natural replenishment process, use RSCH. If you have a POG that looks light and needs filled before the next pulls drop (say 7pm and a huge rush a 6pm killed your paper towels) then a POG Fill is appropriate since the next set of pulls isn't until the next morning.

The reason POG Fill isn't pulling for outs on the floor is pretty simple. A POG Fill still only pulls those items based off of triggers from the sales accumulator. In a perfect world, the CAF and Autofills should be enough to keep a floor filled. However when mistakes are made such as not working everything on a pull or burning a batch, we are skewing the accumulator by telling it we are putting more on the sales floor than there actually are. If the item doesn't get pulled naturally by your normal pulls, a POG fill is unlikely to fix the problem because it is now off as well. That is why using RSCH as a spot check is so important!

If you have some total outs that are obviously not filled by your natural replenishment process, use RSCH. If you have a POG that looks light and needs filled before the next pulls drop (say 7pm and a huge rush a 6pm killed your paper towels) then a POG Fill is appropriate since the next set of pulls isn't until the next morning.

Thanks you ! I know that we should be doing this... but our store looks at our scores... rather than needed replenishment. frustrating.

My question to your ETL's would be why EXF's. Best practice is very specific on this for new POG sets. You do your reset, work any trapped staged pallets then do a NEW POG fill. Any holes left are to be STAND ALONE RESEARCHED. Look up the best practice, look it up on my support. There are reasons for researching them. You send label drops for your outs, you correct inaccurate counts, you reset accumulators so the items flow and pull correctly in the future and any batch you create is prioritized in the pull system and you will get dinged if its not pulled in a timely manner.Headquarters has already accounted for the scan with locations hits and does not score them in your weekly metric. We tested it at my store and it works.
Other than filling holes on the POG with merchandise located in your backroom and trying to avoid the scoring metric that does not apply here what else does an EXF accomplish? Bet that EXF batch is a real high priority to get pulled, maybe 2 days later. Probably a week later to actually research the aisle. Ask your ETL's to give you a print out of this made up cheater driven best practice because it does not exist. Then find out when you can start doing it the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back