Archived POG Pre-planned

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to my pog tl, all pog workload is pre-planned for the remainder of the year. Everyday is prescheduled with specific pogs and workload determined by corporate. My pog tl is not doing any planning or has any say in how, what or where each day is going to be set.

I'm not sure how truthful they are being and was wondering if anyone else's store is doing this. Can you give me more details. I asked to move some hours around and was told I was scheduled a very specific amount of hours on a specific day and that they can't be adjusted.

That's crazy. Stores are so different in their layouts and inventory levels.

Sometimes you can't set an aisle right away due to all the clearance. Other times, clearance has blown out and shelves are virtually empty. Thinking of mini Seasonal and Seasonal, especially.

That's crazy. Stores are so different in their layouts and inventory levels.

Sometimes you can't set an aisle right away due to all the clearance. Other times, clearance has blown out and shelves are virtually empty. Thinking of mini Seasonal and Seasonal, especially.

Corporate doesn’t think of this stuff because they don’t do it.

I don't understand why product doesn't salvage the week/day of the reset. Why wait 1 - 2 more weeks? Seems silly to keep moving it around all the time (shoes, Seasonal, Mini-Seasonal, ugh. Electronics, double ugh.)

According to my pog tl, all pog workload is pre-planned for the remainder of the year. Everyday is prescheduled with specific pogs and workload determined by corporate. My pog tl is not doing any planning or has any say in how, what or where each day is going to be set.

I'm not sure how truthful they are being and was wondering if anyone else's store is doing this. Can you give me more details. I asked to move some hours around and was told I was scheduled a very specific amount of hours on a specific day and that they can't be adjusted.
It's a thing, I'm afraid.

This is some serious micromanaging on a massive scale.

The only thing I can think is that it's the first steps to removing specialized teams like pog because there isn't a need if everything is so finely planned.

I'm just curious what, if any, leeway the store has? What if something doesn't get done or takes much longer than corporate anticipated? I get the feeling it's just going to result in rushed sets and lots of missed steps.

This is some serious micromanaging on a massive scale.

The only thing I can think is that it's the first steps to removing specialized teams like pog because there isn't a need if everything is so finely planned.

I'm just curious what, if any, leeway the store has? What if something doesn't get done or takes much longer than corporate anticipated? I get the feeling it's just going to result in rushed sets and lots of missed steps.

If one thing goes wrong at the beginning, then you can throw that out. For example, if a focal needs built or an aisle removed/built But it can't be done, you can't set it.

Our PMT watches another store, he surely can't be build the focals on the same day. He could do one early I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back