Archived POG/PTL schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, can someone tell me where on Workbench I can find out the current rules for scheduling the POG team and PTL schedule? I was PTL for 5 years and at one time had a piece of paper saying I had to work weekend rotations like every other team lead. My team was also forced to move from 4am to 6am. Now that I went back to the salesfloor, the new PTL gets everything she wants and gets to come in at 4am and never work a weekend. I'm tired of the favorites game and just want to know and I can't find official documentation.

I would think it might be under the PTL core roles.

I know when we made the switch to 6 a.m. we were expected to rotate weekends as well.

I'm not sure where else you'd check.

I checked that but didn't see it. I'm just ticked that the new PTL gets so much favoritism and gets away with things I was coached for. Things are not "fair and consistent."

The funny thing is I know I've read it somewhere before.

And I will find it .... you've put me on a mission.

lol im a ptl and i have to work weekends etc i hate it i keep working on my stl to make it so I only open weekends. i said "other stores don't make their ptl close" and he said "then they aren't on best practice" rawr

best practice does not say that ptls have to close.
the only thing on workbench is stating that tl "may" have to work rotations, including nights and weekends.
it's just like the attendance best practice.
your store is allowed to do whatever it wants. you can't fight it. even if they are showing favoritism. unless it falls under harassment, wp violence, or an ada issue, you're out of luck.

your store is allowed to do whatever it wants. you can't fight it. even if they are showing favoritism. unless it falls under harassment, wp violence, or an ada issue, you're out of luck.

This is the unfortunate truth, Our PTL never closes, it makes sense to me, because plano is an early AM process so... why be in the store to do sales floor or close if your team isnt.. just my two cents...TLs should be there when their teams are.

If the PTL is closing but is scheduled in a different workcenter, then that saves some hours for the team. At my store, plano is overnight, but when my pricing and instocks TLs work on weekends, they are scheduled in hardlines or softlines to save hours in their respective workcenters.

honestly, i've worked several tm/tl positions, and i don't see a reason ptls should have to work weekends during months of heavy workload. it's silly. you need the pog team to have a leader because they slack if there's not one scheduled with them (if the leader is worth anything). but during times that we don't have a workload (nov/dec), we work every weekend. it all evens out. i can understand pricing being there on sundays for ad set since it's part of their core roles. sftl should have alternating o/close shifts because their job is to manage the team on the salesfloor, especially during peak hours. it seems to me that sf keeps getting the shaft because in the ULV/LV stores, more and more tl are key carriers or lods, and I've met very few stls that can write a decent schedule. our stl is nowhere close to fair. the etls have hardly any LOD shifts at all. the srtl have 95% of them, and the etls have lunch. our stl (if he's ever there) stays holed up in his office with the door shut. i also don't understand how it's fair that my pog team gets 40 hours from july-april, then around 25 hours during may -june, but then get padded up to 40 using sf hours. the sf team needs those hours. they don't get anywhere close to full time at my store, my team doesn't want to work electronics or fitting room, and since it's actually hours for sf workload, sf should have first dibs.

I agree dek.. my team does slack when im not there. during the 4th quarter I (planotl) become the overnight logistics key carrier/extra flow team lead and toy pusher/flexer. my team goes to the backroom and flow for those two months.

When I was PTL, I'd work M-F during heavy weeks but opened on rotating weekends when things were light. At one time there was a memo saying that PTLs and PATLs had to work weekend rotations. It was a February a few years back when all the usual changes occur. I just want to know if that is still best practice and can't find it in writing anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back