Archived Pog pulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tmap98

So, we've all been having trouble pulling our POG batches and salesplan batches to fill our aisles and endcaps ever since the switch to mywork 2.0. I've seen multiple posts here, on Facebook, and peers at other stores discuss how they've had to drop batches 2 even 3 times to get what they need, and after all that have to even drop EXF batches to finish out what they need. While discussing solutions with my leaders recently, we noticed a minor difference in the pull choices that majorly affects how limited we are with requesting merchandise and how efficient and effective we can be with out time. It's specifically the "Sales Floor Capacity" batch.

When we used the "sales floor capacity" prior to the switch, it pulled merchandise as if you had absolutely nothing on the floor. It pulled the sales floor capacity! It essentially purged absolutely everything, and honestly that was incredibly useful. It was an easy way to, for instance, pull absolutely ALL of the baby food out of the backroom to properly FEFO and check dates on all the merchandise you had in the store. Potentially, if you had a light endcap, you could pull all of the merchandise for the endcap and flex over your outs and maintain presentation for the company space planograms. It worked as a checks and balances for the people making mistakes ahead of you. It does not work the same now.

The way "sales floor capacity" works now seems to be just about the exact same as fill for depth. My picture shows why. It says "pull all items TO capacity". This is dramatically different than what it was previously. If someone burned a bunch of pulls from the backroom and just re-stowed the product at any time before you dropped your batch, sales floor capacity batches immediately become far less accurate. It is only as accurate as the sales floor counts are, and we all know how dramatically bad those can be. I guess my question is, does anyone know why the switch to this less efficient option was made, and/or if there is any way to formally request that we can get a 'purge all active product' pull option for pogs on the mydevice? Because I frequently find myself wanting more stuff from the back. Any insight would be helpful!

Attachments

• 20190114_142348.jpg
    20190114_142348.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
Yes, it now pulls that it thinks will fill the floor to capacity based on what the counts say is out there. The actual fix is to audit everything and get the counts back on track. This will also fix the pulls and the trucks, so you won’t have the same constant outs and you won’t get trucks full of backstock.

Yes, it now pulls that it thinks will fill the floor to capacity based on what the counts say is out there. The actual fix is to audit everything and get the counts back on track. This will also fix the pulls and the trucks, so you won’t have the same constant outs and you won’t get trucks full of backstock.
Yes yes, I understand how audit works. Audit clears your outs and lows, but it doesn't fill your aisles full. If you are auditing every dpci on a pog, you are wasting time. Audit leaves a lot to be desired with product that potentially could fit out on the sales floor. When I did the baby food transition, I audited my outs and lows, and still didn't get everything that could fit. I ended up going back to the backroom, locu-ed about 30 cases and 70 dpcis of openstock that were not pulling out to the salesfloor, and only ended up taking back 2 cases and about 20 dpcis of openstock. Two tubs of product became half a 3-tier. Audit fixes a lot, but it certainly isn't as powerful as purging the backroom.

Yes yes, I understand how audit works. Audit clears your outs and lows, but it doesn't fill your aisles full. If you are auditing every dpci, you are wasting time. It leaves a lot to be desired with product that potentially could fit out on the sales floor. When I did the baby food transition, I audited my outs and lows, and still didn't get everything that could fit. I ended up going back to the backroom, locu-ed about 30 cases and 70 dpcis of openstock that were not pulling out to the salesfloor, and only ended up taking back 2 cases and about 20 dpcis of openstock. Two tubs of product became half a 3-tier.
If you audit something down, that also adjusts the Sales Floor Quantity. So if it fits the criteria, it'll pull in CAFs or autos. The criteria for the deepest daily system led fill are the autos, which pull items that are below Presentation Minimum (PM) plus the Expected Daily Sales (EDS) of that product. So if you audit something to 0 that has BR locs, it's going to pull because 0 is naturally less than whatever the Presentation Minimum is for that item. But if you audit something down to 7 that has a capacity of 10, the autos aren't going to pull anything for it because that's not what they're designed to do. The autos are designed to replen sales floor outs and lows (items below PM) plus replen the expected number of eaches you'll sell that day of that item (EDS). The daily batches that happen as a result of SFQs being updated (you auditing things) aren't designed to fill the floor to depth. That's what a fill to depth manual in the fillgroup would do, and is designed to do. The daily system fills are mainly designed to fill outs, quickly. However, auditing your lows with your outs is still good practice because having accurate OHs/SFQs on lows will ensure they replen efficiently both from an OH and SFQ perspective.

Sorry for the tangent, I just think it's interesting understanding how this stuff works. So yeah, the best bet for filling an area to depth is a manual or an EXF. But auditing is still important.

Pull to capacity is meant to pull to (SFC) - (SFQ).
However, obviously there has been some issues.
If you/an ETL get a free change either call the CSC / open a myHelp ticket / or submit a mySupport with the POG number/EXF Batch Number and ideally what myWork2 says it will pull.
Again, if possible also include how much was actually pulled if you pull the batch.
It doesn't sound like a technology issue, unless you intend to change the fill logic. You're saying the fill to depth option ("pull to capacity") gives you (SFC-SFQ) but the OP is saying that it used to just give you (SFC) and that he wants it that way again. (For what it's worth, I agree.)

He's saying it is currently giving him (SFC-SFQ), which is what you're saying it's supposed to.

Pull to capacity is meant to pull to (SFC) - (SFQ).
However, obviously there has been some issues.
If you/an ETL get a free change either call the CSC / open a myHelp ticket / or submit a mySupport with the POG number/EXF Batch Number and ideally what myWork2 says it will pull.
Again, if possible also include how much was actually pulled if you pull the batch.
Sales floor capacity seems to pull (SFC) - (SFQ), but is that not what fill for depth does too? I'm wondering if it's possible to have a flat out (SFC) pull, because that's something that we used to have before mywork 2.0 but no longer have anymore. There are way too many factors that affect (SFQ) and the vast majority of the time, it is so much easier and faster to just bypass all that noise and go straight to having product.

My team member today did hair color. The largest pull possible to drop pulled 11 dpcis. She had to EXF 24 additional dpcis out of the back to fill her outs (for what it is worth, I didn't want to audit, because we had 2 trucks of push for beauty sitting around and 5 trucks of beauty backstock waiting to happen.) Mywork 2.0 seems to be increasing (SFQ) for pretied aisles despite that product not being ready to push yet. The 11 dpcis that pulled arrived before I pretied the aisle last week. The 24 she manually pulled arrived after I did the pretie. It added an hour to her set time, which I could have used somewhere better if we weren't having to backtrack through all this double work. (SFC) would have been the best choice

Last edited:
Sales floor capacity seems to pull (SFC) - (SFQ), but is that not what fill for depth does too?
You can apply the same (SFC-SFQ) logic to a POG (a fill to depth POG fill) and a fill group (which would be a fill to depth manual).

And yeah, I totally agree with the (SFC) batch suggestion. It'd be great for filling/flexing endcaps and shooting batches for PTM areas. Sometimes an endcap will be light and I want all the available merch for that EC because I need everything I have to fill and flex it. That used to be possible to get, but under MyWork2.0 it'll never give me everything because it's focused on filling to SFQ. Maybe a "purge" batch option?

Yes yes, I understand how audit works. Audit clears your outs and lows, but it doesn't fill your aisles full. If you are auditing every dpci on a pog, you are wasting time. Audit leaves a lot to be desired with product that potentially could fit out on the sales floor. When I did the baby food transition, I audited my outs and lows, and still didn't get everything that could fit. I ended up going back to the backroom, locu-ed about 30 cases and 70 dpcis of openstock that were not pulling out to the salesfloor, and only ended up taking back 2 cases and about 20 dpcis of openstock. Two tubs of product became half a 3-tier. Audit fixes a lot, but it certainly isn't as powerful as purging the backroom.
But the reason the sales floor capacity option isn’t doing its job is the SFQ is incorrect, I thought. The audit isn’t to fill it, it’s to correct the numbers so pog batches work as expected. It’s a long term fix not a quick one

You can apply the same (SFC-SFQ) logic to a POG (a fill to depth POG fill) and a fill group (which would be a fill to depth manual).

And yeah, I totally agree with the (SFC) batch suggestion. It'd be great for filling/flexing endcaps and shooting batches for PTM areas. Sometimes an endcap will be light and I want all the available merch for that EC because I need everything I have to fill and flex it. That used to be possible to get, but under MyWork2.0 it'll never give me everything because it's focused on filling to SFQ. Maybe a "purge" batch option?
I thought I’ve seen purge as an option sometimes recently, but haven’t really used it enough to see what it’s considering ‘purging’. We used to have a special zebra that had a failed app update that would still let us purge the old way but that came to an end when we switched to 2.0

Have you done a pull for depth? That will fill all the aisles

Fill to depth and pull to capacity i believe will be the same when dropping a POG fill.
However, if you're dropping a fill-to-depth mancaf for a fill group then it is meant to pull all DPCIs with POGed locations to SFQ = 3.
If SQF >= 3 they shouldn't fill.
We can no longer do manual caf which that’s weird too

I thought I’ve seen purge as an option sometimes recently, but haven’t really used it enough to see what it’s considering ‘purging’. We used to have a special zebra that had a failed app update that would still let us purge the old way but that came to an end when we switched to 2.0
Same here man, I miss that Zebra. It was also missing the dialog choice for manual options so when prompted it would drop the craziest manuals I've ever seen.

"Visual Out of Stocks" is kind of broken too. We always use it when we set a new POG so the transition items are pulled, and they can drop a capacity batch later if they want, but usually it ends up pulling nothing and all the new items are just outs until they slowly drop into autos the next couple of days.

I asked about this recently. Why, when doing pog fills, is there both fill for depth AND sales floor capacity? I’ve noticed that sometimes the sales floor capacity option says it will pull more than fill for depth. I wonder if, when using pog fill, sales floor capacity means just that. Not only will if pull to fill the capacity of that particular pog, but to any other pogs the items might be tied to. So if you’re dropping a pog fill for an endcap, it will fill the endcap AND home locations. I could be totally wrong.

mySupport / myHelp / CSC
It's the only way to fix these problems.
You're supposed to be able to drop ManCAFs for fillgroups through the EXF section as shown above.
MySupport is awful. I've mysupported 5 different new Not On File items in the past month and NONE of them have been fixed. We used to be able to just tie the UPC to the DPCI at store level in the computer, but now we just sit and wait and wait and nothing happens
(As an aside, selling legitimate merchandise that rings NOF is just yet another reason why SFQ ends up being wildly inaccurate all the time)

Last edited:
All I know if that you need to use 'merchandis or planogram issues' -> 'pricing item issue or request' -> 'other merchandise issues' and provide the correct barcode, dpci, or tcin if applicable.
That's what I'm doing. they responded 13 days ago saying my Valentine's Annie's fruit snacks should be ringing fine starting 11 days ago, yet it still hasn't been fixed. It's been reopened and escalated yet nothing. I'm all for trusting the chain of command, but mysupport is never a good answer to an issue.

In regards to the original question, I was last told by the team who creates the batches, that the fill to depth option really isn't intended to be used because of it's weird batching behavior.
So then why do they have it as an option?! If it doesn't work then it should be deleted from the program! 😡
My DTL thought I was crazy when I asked him 2 years ago why my revision batch pulled everything including my revision items. He told me it's because the system is working because it wants to fill the floor and that because our push team wasn't pushing to the piece that my revision batch became an entire tub. I was only was adding 6 new items but now I have to spend an hour longer to push what some dumbass couldn't do in the first place.
So back to my point... Delete that option if it's not working!

First we set. Then drop in a pull. Then audit. Then exf. Then adjust sfcapacaties. Then drop a manual. Then adjust sfquantities. Them mysupport. Then we ...

Damn, who has time for this? We are just starting infants today. A day behind. It's slowly getting better here, but there's no time to tackle issues that aren't specifically pog setting issues.

For example, changing sfcapacities. There is no time given to change these. If you're setting a large pog, you could end up checking and changing over 100+ dpcis. Nope.

First we set. Then drop in a pull. Then audit. Then exf. Then adjust sfcapacaties. Then drop a manual. Then adjust sfquantities. Them mysupport. Then we ...

Damn, who has time for this? We are just starting infants today. A day behind. It's slowly getting better here, but there's no time to tackle issues that aren't specifically pog setting issues.

For example, changing sfcapacities. There is no time given to change these. If you're setting a large pog, you could end up checking and changing over 100+ dpcis. Nope.
So when your DTL comes in and says presentation didn't do audit because there are locations in the backroom for these empty locations although you know for certain they did...You say what? I have racked my brain for all the different angles to get freight to the floor with the time given and I'm exhausted. My brain is exhausted. Let's all just admit that the fill system is FUCKED UP!

So when your DTL comes in and says presentation didn't do audit because there are locations in the backroom for these empty locations although you know for certain they did...You say what? I have racked my brain for all the different angles to get freight to the floor with the time given and I'm exhausted. My brain is exhausted. Let's all just admit that the fill system is FUCKED UP!

I say I used the fill option on the mydevice, pulled it, pushed it, backstocked, and moved on. Then I'd further explain that pulling and back stocking are not part of Target's stated best practice for setting a pog and is not included in the adjacency time. We can look it up on workbench if the dtl likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back