I'm Lost! POG Tying and Aisle Endcap Sections

Hey Team,

I need some guidance, perhaps a link to a post (I searched and didn't find anything recent). I have a good understanding of aisle sections, shelf, shelf spot (Ex: G30(0) 1-1-1 and G17(1) 3-3-4) but my question is end caps. I've have had it explained differently to me at different stores, perhaps this is a case of ASANTS.

My understanding is that end caps which face the main aisle are odd and even aisles are in the back. Sections are 0 in the front and 99 in the back with 97 and 98 being the left and right wings respectively. Is this true for other stores or do y'all do it differently?

TIA

0 for odd and even endcaps. *Exception is in Market where some gondolas have two endcaps (or cooler doors) on each end: left side is 90, right side is 91. This is based off the adjacency map.*

99/98/97 are for sidecaps or big baskets.

Endcaps should be tied to the aisle on the right. We tie front sidecaps to 98 and back side caps to 99. Any other fixtures, pallets, big baskets, etc sitting near an aisle is tied to 95.

It may be different in every store.

0 for endcaps (odd front, even back). 99 front sidecap. 98 back sidecap. 91 for focal sides, tie to respective aisle. Example: Pets focal: Cat side A60(91), Dog side A61(91) and endcap A61(0) since it's a front endcap.

I have a scheme for nearly everything. Amp Gifting towers and tables use 95/96/97. Pallet and shippers use 94. Market baskets 93. Back freezers use 92. And the seldom used 90 for fake/flex ties.

0 for odd and even endcaps. *Exception is in Market where some gondolas have two endcaps (or cooler doors) on each end: left side is 90, right side is 91. This is based off the adjacency map.*

99/98/97 are for sidecaps or big baskets.

Front freezer doors are treated like focal sides. 91 for both, but in relation to the aisle it's on. G12(91) is left, G13(91) is right.

Front freezer doors are treated like focal sides. 91 for both, but in relation to the aisle it's on. G12(91) is left, G13(91) is right.

Our adjacency map does not show it this way. Ultimately it doesn't matter which way it is used as long as the method is understood in the respective store.

Our adjacency map does not show it this way. Ultimately it doesn't matter which way it is used as long as the method is understood in the respective store.

😂 ooh that's cute. Those adjacency maps are just guides. They're there to get you a starting point. Assuming you can even read them. Ugly pieces of shit.

I use the system I do, because ultimately, it's less confusing for the team. Ship knows what to look for just by the section number when it comes to shippers, focals and other special Setups.

Hell, we've gone and created new aisles just to make custom blocks more efficient.

Guess I'll stop doing it when corporate reties/pre-ties everything for me.

I try to follow the adjacencies as close as possible and not to make fake aisles as the Target app uses that to map the item to the store map for guests to locate the item. However it never cares about what section you tie things to so you can do whatever you want there as long as your team knows what the section is tied to.
If the adjacency has an aisle number on the map already I’ll just use that aisle number and pick a section that makes sense.

guests use the aisle number information in the Target app a lot.. don’t make things hard for them

I try to follow the adjacencies as close as possible and not to make fake aisles as the Target app uses that to map the item to the store map for guests to locate the item. However it never cares about what section you tie things to so you can do whatever you want there as long as your team knows what the section is tied to.
If the adjacency has an aisle number on the map already I’ll just use that aisle number and pick a section that makes sense.

guests use the aisle number information in the Target app a lot.. don’t make things hard for them

The information is updated in regards to where it's tied. When I tie to an aisle not listed on the adjacency map, the information is updated across the system. Even the target.com store map.

Also, there are aisle markers available on GoGart. Make a new aisle, add an aisle marker. I don't just tie to tie. There is a reason and a method and it's still very shopable.

0 for endcaps (odd front, even back). 99 front sidecap. 98 back sidecap. 91 for focal sides, tie to respective aisle. Example: Pets focal: Cat side A60(91), Dog side A61(91) and endcap A61(0) since it's a front endcap.

I have a scheme for nearly everything. Amp Gifting towers and tables use 95/96/97. Pallet and shippers use 94. Market baskets 93. Back freezers use 92. And the seldom used 90 for fake/flex ties.

Aren't the pets focal treated as part of the aisle? Our map shows it as section 1, then pog after that starts as section 2.

We like to keep our section number simple. Our towers/carts/baskets/rolling rack, pretty much anything in the main aisle would be (95). Having too many will be too confusing for new team members IMO

The information is updated in regards to where it's tied. When I tie to an aisle not listed on the adjacency map, the information is updated across the system. Even the target.com store map.

Also, there are aisle markers available on GoGart. Make a new aisle, add an aisle marker. I don't just tie to tie. There is a reason and a method and it's still very shopable.

yes and no.. yes it will show the aisle number which to a guest if not properly labeled or super clear may not be helpful. As for actually mapping an aisle not on the map, it simply wont it will just show the category like “home” or “grocery” when plotting it. It cannot and won’t plot an aisle that isn’t on the map because there is no way for it to know where to put it.

yes and no.. yes it will show the aisle number which to a guest if not properly labeled or super clear may not be helpful. As for actually mapping an aisle not on the map, it simply wont it will just show the category like “home” or “grocery” when plotting it. It cannot and won’t plot an aisle that isn’t on the map because there is no way for it to know where to put it.

Oh well, sorry to that one guest then.

Back