Archived Policy for Jackets On sales floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I was wondering what was Targets policy for wearing jackets on the sales floor.

What i want to know is it against policy for me to any color jacket..

Which is why I love cart attending. I can wear my grey sweater throughout the store as long as I have my safety vest on it

Related question: is it coachable if a receiving TM wears a black fleece when in receiving, but not on the SF?

Related question: is it coachable if a receiving TM wears a black fleece when in receiving, but not on the SF?

Sure you could be coached for that...but usually TMs can get away with that in the backroom. Depends on your ETL/STL.

TECHNICALLY Receiving should also only be wearing red as they deal with the vendors. Cart attendants should ALSO only wear a jacket outside, but that isn't enforced as often. But with dealing with vendors etc for receiving red must be worn.

Last edited:
TECHNICALLY Receiving should also only be wearing red as they deal with the vendors. Cart attendants should ALSO only wear a jacket outside, but that isn't enforced as often. But with dealing with vendors etc for receiving red must be worn.

Where I live it gets cold in the winter. I think cart attendant wearing only a jacket would be very cold - and most likely be arrested. (tongue in cheek)

Since we're getting technical! You can wear ANY color jacket or fleece until the store actually opens, backroom, signing, ad, etc do it all the time. Whenever those lights come on, it goes into full Red effect for any type of clothing. As far as receiving goes, it's basically the same policy, but it depends on who your ETL-LOG is. A good one won't really mind, considering receiving is just vendors, a real by the book ETL would probably say something.

Red on sf. At my store, backroom & receiving tm's can wear jackets any color back there only. Usually it's the spot freezer jackets.
They do have red shirts on under them.

Red on sf. At my store, backroom & receiving tm's can wear jackets any color back there only. Usually it's the spot freezer jackets.
They do have red shirts on under them.

Do PFresh stores get new jackets and gloves? Besides those ratty green ones. If not I'll need to be buying these before the spring. Haha

Our receiving girl got coached by a newly promoted SrTL and the SrTL seriously said "if you can't afford to buy a red fleece, maybe we could requisition one for you." The receiving TM was crying by the time the SrTL was done with her.

What a total c u next tuesday.

Because she's the one who originally used "C U next Tuesday" here. She doesn't post often anymore, as she has left Spot for greener pastures.

Our receiving girl got coached by a newly promoted SrTL and the SrTL seriously said "if you can't afford to buy a red fleece, maybe we could requisition one for you." The receiving TM was crying by the time the SrTL was done with her.

I would take them up on that. I'm not about to spend $20-$30 on a sweater...

I have two hoodies that I wear to work. One is red, one is black. If I'm working Instocks all day, I wear the red one...knowing that I'll be on the SF most of the time. When I'm BR Day, I wear a black hoody, even when I happen to be on the floor. No ETL/TL ever says anything to me, even if I have my name tag covered. I don't see much of a problem, since normal people don't walk around Target with a PDA in a holster and a walkie-talkie...so guests are constantly beckoning me to find Headbanz or a LeapPad while I am trying desperately to pull three board games from a riser location.
Ugh...I need a raise. :sarcastic3:

Here's a suggestion: wear it UNDER your shirt...it can be ANY color then ;) I wear all different color shirts under a red vest in the pharmacy ;)

Here's a suggestion: wear it UNDER your shirt...it can be ANY color then ;) I wear all different color shirts under a red vest in the pharmacy ;)

That's why I specifically bought a cardigan for my seasonal position. I already own enough different white and black camisoles, polos, and t-shirts to wear one every day of the week, so I just pick one and put the cardigan on over it. If I am able to get a permanent position, I may just get another cardigan instead of buying multiple red shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back